You can protect your hometown from the corruption that plagues Congress by Passing a local Anti-Corruption Act.
Here’s how to get started:
Get a few friends together (or go it alone) somewhere with wifi and a phone, and answer the 4 questions below:
- Does your city or county have a binding ballot initiative process for passing local laws?
- What is the number of petition signatures required for citizens to put an initiative on the ballot in your city? Is it under 10,000?
- Can you assemble a politically diverse team of 5-10 volunteers to lead a campaign?
- Does your city or county have a history of real or perceived corruption or Big Money’s influence?
Next, Choose your path:
- If you answered yes to three or more of these questions, follow the instructions for passing a Local Anti-Corruption Act
- If you answered yes to less than three of these questions, you will likely want to pursue an Anti-Corruption Resolution.
Either way, be sure to Check out our list of RepresentUs chapters to see if there’s already a RepresentUs Chapter near you or sign up to start your own.