Represent Missouri Field Organizer
RepresentUs Education Fund is seeking a Field Organizer to coordinate and execute our 501(c)(3) education field plan for Represent Missouri.
This position would start immediately and run through the end of August 2018, with potential for additional work after this first project.
The Field Organizer will be the face of Represent Missouri in their communities and will be responsible for educating voters about the importance of redistricting reform in Missouri.
The Represent Missouri Field Organizer will report to the RepresentUs National Field Director. This is a 1099 independent contractor position.
- Implementing the state field plan in an assigned turf.
- Traveling throughout Missouri to present to groups, meet with local leaders, and launch or train new dynamic Represent Missouri chapters.
- Recruiting, training, and managing volunteers from a broad coalition to participate in 501(c)(3) education activities like in-person canvassing and phone banking.
- Cultivating volunteer leaders within communities and providing them with ongoing training.
Skills and Qualifications
- Experience running canvasses or other voter education programs.
- Knowledge of 501(c)(3) compliance rules.
- Candidates must be self-motivated, goal-oriented, and have a strong commitment to accountability.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills; experience drafting voter contact materials.
- Willingness to work long hours, including nights and weekends, in a fast-paced environment.
- The ideal candidate will have a working knowledge of political campaigns and campaign technology like the VAN.
- Reliable transportation is a must. Valid driver’s license and reliable access to a vehicle are required.
- Finally, you should have a great attitude and embrace working effectively with volunteers and partner groups across the political spectrum.
To submit your bid, please email a statement of interest, resume or portfolio, and three professional or customer references to email@example.com with the subject line “Represent Missouri Field Organizer.”