Statewide Campaign Manager
RepresentUs is the nation’s largest grassroots anti-corruption campaign, bringing conservatives and progressives together to pass meaningful reforms and create a government that works for the American people. RepresentUs has led more than 60 reform victories in just 4 years, harnessing the power of the ballot initiative process to demand comprehensive, lasting reform city by city, state by state. In the next 4 years, we will work in even more states to pass and protect anti-corruption acts, moving our nation toward a tipping point on this critical issue.
Statewide Campaign Managers (SCM) are responsible for overseeing and coordinating all aspects of the statewide ballot campaign, including budget management, communications strategy, fundraising, grassroots/field management, coalition building, recruitment, and internal campaign administration. SCM are the eyes and ears for the campaign, the central point of contact for key stakeholders, including the Executive Committees.
The ideal candidate is a rare combination of creative, strategic, proactive and disciplined, accomplished as both a people and project manager, with proven experience in developing and running ambitious campaigns that stays within the budget and meets the strategic goals of the Executive Committee. This is a contractual position, requiring long hours including night and weekend work.
- Overseeing and coordinating all aspects of the statewide ballot campaign, including budget management, fundraising, communications/media, grassroots/field work, coalition outreach and maintenance, and internal campaign administration.
- Utilizing a campaign toolkit, drafting and implementing campaign plan.
- Drafting and overseeing campaign budget; drafting and implementing fundraising plan.
- Recruiting, managing and motivating a volunteer fundraising committee.
- Hiring and supervising any paid campaign staff and coordinating use of in-kind organizational staff.
- Managing all contracts and maintaining regular communication with outside vendors and consultants.
- Hosting and facilitating all campaign Executive Committee meetings and providing regular, comprehensive updates on campaign activities.
- Hosting all stakeholder meetings, including but not limited to steering and subcommittee meetings, and ensuring adequate and timely communication systems are built and utilized throughout the network.
- Working with legal advisors to ensure full compliance with all federal, state, and local laws and ordinances impacting the campaign, including those concerning ballot initiatives, campaign finance, and internal campaign administration.
Skills and Qualifications
- 3-5 years of campaign management experience; previous experience managing statewide ballot campaigns strongly preferred; previous experience working in management on competitive campaigns strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated success at meeting fundraising targets for large-scale electoral/ballot campaigns and managing a campaign budget, particularly for an underdog or competitive campaign.
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse individuals and communities, including the ability to facilitate diverse coalition meetings and to build consensus among all political affiliations.
Pay is commensurate with experience. This description is intended to convey essential information and scope of work. It is not meant to communicate a comprehensive list of responsibilities associated with this role.
To apply, please email a cover letter, resume, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Statewide Campaign Manager”. We will conduct rolling interviews as positions open until they are filled.
Note: RepresentUs is posting this on behalf of our state campaign partners, who will be employing the Statewide Campaign Manager.