Statewide Field Director
Represent.Us is the nation’s largest grassroots anti-corruption campaign, bringing conservatives and progressives together to pass meaningful reforms and create a government that works for the American people. Represent.Us has led more than 60 reform victories in just 4 years, harnessing the power of the ballot initiative process to demand comprehensive, lasting reform city by city, state by state. In the next 4 years, we will work in even more states to pass and protect anti-corruption acts, moving our nation toward a tipping point on this critical issue.
Statewide Field Directors (SFD) are responsible for crafting and executing the field plan for a statewide ballot campaign, including volunteer and staff management, coaching and training. SFDs are grassroots eyes and ears of the campaign, and are the central point of contact for engaging supporters as volunteers for letters-to-the-editor, voter contact events, and Get-Out-the-Vote.
The ideal candidate is a rare combination of creative, strategic, proactive and disciplined, accomplished as both a people and project manager, with proven experience in volunteer recruitment and leadership development. This is a contractual position, requiring long hours including night and weekend work. The Statewide Field Director reports to the Executive Committee until a Campaign Manager is hired.
- Writing and implementing a comprehensive, data-driven field plan;
- Managing and training a team of Field Organizers and overseeing field offices;
- Coaching Field Organizers to create and maintain a productive and robust volunteer infrastructure;
- Implementing systems of accountability to ensure that regional goals are consistently met;
- Designing and standardizing best practices for data management using the campaign’s voter file software;
- Executing the state field plan;
- Coordinating regional events and volunteer trainings on a local level;
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with political stakeholders, allied organizations, and other coordinated partners;
- Hiring Field Organizers and providing ongoing training throughout the cycle.
Skills and Qualifications
- 2+ cycles of campaign field experience;
- Extensive experience managing and training high performing staffers;
- Experience designing, maintaining and improving a goal-oriented accountability structure without compromising staff autonomy or innovation;
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, meeting frequent deadlines;
- Extensive experience with and ability to train on Votebuilder (VAN);
- Strong communication and organizational skills, showing attention to detail;
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills; successful at motivating staff to meet recruitment and voter contact goals;
- Valid driver’s license and reliable access to a vehicle.
Pay is commensurate with experience. This description is intended to convey essential information and scope of work. It is not meant to communicate a comprehensive list of responsibilities associated with this role.
To apply, please email a cover letter, resume, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Statewide Field Director”. We will conduct rolling interviews as positions open until they are filled.
Note: Represent.Us is posting this on behalf of our state campaign partners, who will be employing the Statewide Field Director.