RepresentUs is seeking qualified candidates for a part-time (20 hour/week) Communications Internship in our Northampton, MA office. Semester-long and summer opportunities are offered to talented interns who feel passionately about addressing the undue influence of money in US politics. The Communications Intern will play a direct role in the day-to-day work of the Communications team for our national campaign and build a skillset essential for any communications professional in the nonprofit or political fields.
- Assisting the Communications team with drafting press releases, developing media contact lists, and doing outreach to journalists and news outlets.
- Improving and implementing a system for tracking incoming press hits.
- Researching corruption stories in target locations to support our Digital and Communications teams.
- Coordinating with our Campaign team to support our grassroots organizing efforts.
- Assisting in creative projects like video launches, event planning, content creation for social media, and digital storytelling campaigns.
- Motivated – you enjoy working in a fast paced environment
- Organized – you stay on top of multiple priorities and complex projects
- Technologically proficient – you enjoy using tech daily; must be able to learn to navigate media database with minimal supervision
- Innovative – you enjoy solving problems and finding new ways of doing things
- Able to demonstrate excellent proofreading and editing skills
- The internship will run February 11 – May 3, 2019.
- Depending on need and scheduling, interns may be asked to attend and work the 2019 Unrig Summit in Nashville, TN March 29 – 31, 2019 (travel expenses paid).
- Applications are due no later than December 1, 2018.
Send a completed copy of the Spring 2019 Internship Application (PDF) to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Spring 2019 Intern”, making sure to fill out both pages and attach all requested materials. Due to the volume of applications, incomplete applications will not be considered.
Thank you for your interest in RepresentUs and our internship program!
RepresentUs is the nation’s largest grassroots anti-corruption campaign. We bring conservatives and progressives together to fix America’s corrupt political system.
Our small team is a carefully curated mix of seasoned political campaigners, policy wonks, advertising experts, designers, and engineers. We’re not a startup, but we’ve got startup DNA: we’re nimble, constantly learning and iterating, and know when it’s time to celebrate a Wednesday afternoon with root beer floats. We constantly push ourselves to push the envelope – to ignore “industry standards” and set a new standard.
We’ve been featured in the New York Times, Washington Post, CNN, FOX, CBS, and hundreds of other national and local media outlets.
RepresentUs is based in Northampton, MA and has satellite offices in San Francisco, CA and Washington, DC. Come work with us!
About our internships
We’re always on the lookout for talented interns who are passionate about fixing our corrupt political system. With RepresentUs, you’ll be part of a hardworking, fun, and innovative team that values your skills and creative input.
You’ll gain hands-on experience working with a successful grassroots advocacy campaign, and an in-depth understanding of the rapidly growing anti-corruption movement. Many of our interns say their time here helped launch their careers.
We’re committed to making sure your internship is educational, challenging, and informative, and we’re happy to coordinate with your college or university so you can receive academic credit for your work. Interns are paid at an hourly rate.
At this time, all intern work is performed out of our Northampton, MA office, in the “Five Colleges” area. We do not offer a telecommuting option. If you are interested in getting involved remotely as a volunteer, please sign up here.