RepresentUs is seeking qualified candidates for a Communications Internship in our Northampton, MA office. As a Communications Intern, you’ll play a direct role in the day-to-day work of the Communications team for our national campaign and build a skillset essential for any communications professional in the nonprofit or political fields.
RepresentUs is the nation’s largest grassroots anti-corruption campaign, headquartered in Northampton, MA with additional offices in San Francisco, CA, Washington, DC, and New York, NY. We bring together conservatives, progressives, and everyone in between to secure crucial legislative victories that are defending our Republic and fixing America’s corrupt political system.
But what it means for you, potential coworker, is that you feel what we feel when you wake up every day: a strong sense of purpose that binds you to the spirit of this nation, and an overwhelming sense that you should do something about it. And you want to work with people who feel the same.
RepresentUs is a carefully curated mix of seasoned political campaigners, policy wonks, advertising experts, designers, and engineers. We’re not a startup, but we’ve got startup DNA: we’re nimble, constantly learning and iterating, and know when it’s time to celebrate a Wednesday afternoon with root beer floats. We constantly push ourselves to push the envelope – to ignore “industry standards” and set a new standard.
We’re looking for enthusiastic new minds to help us grow, move faster, and achieve more. We believe our political system should reflect the varied voices of our nation, and so should our team. People of color, women, people with disabilities, lesbian, gay, bisexual, queer, transgender, and non-binary folks are strongly encouraged to apply.
In 2018 alone, we passed 23 anti-corruption measures, making it the biggest year of democracy reform in American history.
Come win with us!
About Our Internships
We offer fall-semester, spring-semester, and summer internships at our headquarters in Northampton, Massachusetts, often with opportunities to stay on at the organization. We’re always on the lookout for talented interns who are passionate about fixing America’s corrupt political system. With RepresentUs, you’ll be part of a hardworking, fun, and innovative team that values your skills and creative input.
Our interns gain hands-on experience and an in-depth understanding of the rapidly growing anti-corruption movement. We’re committed to making sure your internship is educational, challenging, and informative, and we’re happy to coordinate with your college or university so you can receive academic credit for your work. Interns are paid at an hourly rate.
- You’re motivated and enjoy working in a fast paced environment
- You’re organized and stay on top of multiple priorities and complex projects
- You’re technologically proficient and able to learn to navigate a media database with minimal supervision
- You’re innovative and enjoy solving problems and finding new ways of doing things
- You’re able to demonstrate excellent proofreading and editing skills
What you’ll be doing
- Assisting the Communications team with drafting press releases, developing media contact lists, and doing outreach to journalists and news outlets
- Improving and implementing a system for tracking incoming press hits
- Researching corruption stories in target locations to support our Digital and Communications teams
- Coordinating with our Campaign team to support our grassroots organizing efforts
- Assisting in creative projects like video launches, event planning, content creation for social media, and digital storytelling campaigns
- The internship will run June 3 – August 23, 2019.
- Applications are due no later than May 1, 2019.
Send a completed copy of the Summer 2019 Internship Application (PDF) to email@example.com with the subject line “Summer 2019 Intern”, making sure to fill out both pages and attach all requested materials. Due to the volume of applications, incomplete applications will not be considered.
Thank you for your interest in RepresentUs and our internship program!