Represent.Us is seeking qualified candidates for a Communications Internship in our San Francisco, CA, office. Semester long and summer internship opportunities are offered to talented undergraduate students who feel passionately about addressing the undue influence of money in US politics. The Communications Intern will play a direct role in the day-to-day work of the Communications team for our national campaign and build a skillset essential for any communications professional in the nonprofit or political fields.
Your work may include
- Assisting communications team with drafting press releases, developing media contact lists, and doing outreach to journalists and news outlets.
- Improving and implementing a system for tracking incoming press hits.
- Researching corruption stories in target locations to support our digital and communications teams.
- Coordinating with our campaign team to support our grassroots organizing efforts .
- Assisting in creative projects like video launches, event planning and digital storytelling campaigns.
We’re looking for applicants who are:
- Motivated – you enjoy working in a fast paced environment
- Organized – you stay on top of multiple priorities and complex projects
- Technologically proficient – you enjoy using tech daily; must be able to learn to navigate media database with minimal supervision
- Innovative – you enjoy solving problems and finding new ways of doing things
Able to demonstrate excellent proofreading and editing skills
- Fall-semester, spring-semester, and summer internships
- Based in our San Francisco, CA office – in the financial district; accessible by public transit (Montgomery BART)
- We’re committed to making sure your internship is educational, challenging, and informative, and we’re happy to coordinate with your college or university so you can receive credit for your work
- Interns receive a stipend to help with living costs
How do I apply?
Send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Communications Intern.”
- Cover Letter – Why should we hire you? Why do you want to work here? What special skills do you bring to the table?
- A writing sample which exemplifies your voice and style
- A reference from a professor, previous internship, etc.
Represent.Us is the nation’s largest grassroots anti-corruption campaign. We bring conservatives and progressives together to fix America’s corrupt political system.
Our small team is a carefully curated mix of seasoned political campaigners, policy wonks, advertising experts, designers, and engineers. We’re not a startup, but we’ve got startup DNA: we’re nimble, constantly learning and iterating, and know when it’s time to celebrate a Wednesday afternoon with root beer floats. We constantly push ourselves to push the envelope – to ignore “industry standards” and set a new standard.
We’ve been featured in the New York Times, Washington Post, CNN, FOX, CBS, and hundreds of other national and local media outlets.
Represent.Us is based in Northampton, MA, and recently opened a satellite office in San Francisco. Come work with us!
About Our Internships
We’re always on the lookout for talented undergraduates who are passionate about fixing our corrupt political system. As an intern with Represent.Us, you’ll be part of a hardworking, fun, and innovative team that values your skills and creative input.
You’ll gain hands-on experience working with a successful grassroots advocacy campaign, and an in-depth understanding of the rapidly growing anti-corruption movement. Many of our interns say their time here helped launch their careers!
We do not offer a telecommuting option. If you are interested in getting involved remotely as a volunteer, sign up here.