Digital Campaigns Intern
RepresentUs is seeking qualified candidates for a Digital Campaigns Internship in our Northampton, MA office. As a Digital Campaigns Intern, you’ll get to see first-hand what it’s like to be part of a cutting-edge online advocacy team. You’ll participate in many aspects of the day-to-day work of the Digital team, and learn best practices for online content creation and distribution. You’ll get a chance to work on creative projects as well as learn the nuts and bolts of distributing content and monitoring performance.
RepresentUs is the nation’s largest grassroots anti-corruption campaign, headquartered in Northampton, MA with additional offices in San Francisco, CA, Washington, DC, and New York, NY. We bring together conservatives, progressives, and everyone in between to secure crucial legislative victories that are defending our Republic and fixing America’s corrupt political system.
But what it means for you, potential coworker, is that you feel what we feel when you wake up every day: a strong sense of purpose that binds you to the spirit of this nation, and an overwhelming sense that you should do something about it. And you want to work with people who feel the same.
RepresentUs is a carefully curated mix of seasoned political campaigners, policy wonks, advertising experts, designers, and engineers. We’re not a startup, but we’ve got startup DNA: we’re nimble, constantly learning and iterating, and know when it’s time to celebrate a Wednesday afternoon with root beer floats. We constantly push ourselves to push the envelope – to ignore “industry standards” and set a new standard.
We’re looking for enthusiastic new minds to help us grow, move faster, and achieve more. We believe our political system should reflect the varied voices of our nation, and so should our team. People of color, women, people with disabilities, lesbian, gay, bisexual, queer, transgender, and non-binary folks are strongly encouraged to apply.
In 2018 alone, we passed 23 anti-corruption measures, making it the biggest year of democracy reform in American history.
Come win with us!
About Our Internships
We offer fall-semester, spring-semester, and summer internships at our headquarters in Northampton, Massachusetts, often with opportunities to stay on at the organization. We’re always on the lookout for talented interns who are passionate about fixing America’s corrupt political system. With RepresentUs, you’ll be part of a hardworking, fun, and innovative team that values your skills and creative input.
Our interns gain hands-on experience and an in-depth understanding of the rapidly growing anti-corruption movement. We’re committed to making sure your internship is educational, challenging, and informative, and we’re happy to coordinate with your college or university so you can receive academic credit for your work. Interns are paid at an hourly rate.
- You’re a strong writer
- You’re social media savvy — you have a knack for video editing or social media and an active presence on multiple platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Reddit, etc.)
- You’re passionate about politics and current events
- You’re experienced with Google Analytics or similar tools (a plus, but not required)
- You’re able to learn quickly, manage time effectively, and adjust to new challenges on the fly
What you’ll be doing
- Monitoring news sources for corruption stories and doing research projects to inform video, blog, and social media content
- Pitching content ideas and developing imagery, video, and/or written pieces to distribute across RepresentUs properties
- Implementing our digital media strategy across a variety of social networks including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Reddit
- Assisting with campaign emails for our 250,000+ membership list
- Coordinating with online partners to promote campaigns and content
- Social media, email, and web traffic reporting
- Coordinating with our Campaign team to support our grassroots organizing efforts
- The internship will run June 3 – August 23, 2019.
- Applications are due no later than May 1, 2019.
Send a completed copy of the Summer 2019 Internship Application (PDF) to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Summer 2019 Intern”, making sure to fill out both pages and attach all requested materials. Due to the volume of applications, incomplete applications will not be considered.
Thank you for your interest in RepresentUs and our internship program!