Digital Campaigns Intern
Digital Campaigns Intern
Represent.Us is seeking qualified candidates for a Digital Campaigns Intern position in our San Francisco, CA office or Northampton, MA office (Five Colleges area; accessible by PVTA). As a Digital Campaigns Intern, you’ll get to see first-hand what it’s like to be part of a cutting-edge online advocacy team. You’ll participate in many aspects of the day-to-day work of the Digital team, and learn best practices for online content creation and distribution. You’ll get a chance to work on creative projects as well as learn the nuts and bolts of distributing content and monitoring performance.
- Monitoring news sources for corruption stories & doing research projects to inform video, blog, and social media content
- Pitching content ideas and developing imagery, video, or written pieces to distribute across Represent.Us properties
- Implementing our digital media strategy across a variety of social networks including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Reddit
- Assisting with campaign emails for our 250,000+ membership list
- Coordinating with online partners to promote campaigns and content
- Social media, email, and web traffic reporting
- Coordinating with our Campaign team to support our grassroots organizing efforts
- A strong writer
- Social media savvy – you have a knack for video editing or social media and an active presence on multiple platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Reddit, etc.)
- Passionate about politics and current events
- Experienced with Google Analytics or similar tools (a plus, but not required)
- Able to learn quickly, manage time effectively, and adjust to new challenges on the fly
- Fall-semester, spring-semester, and summer internships available
- Based in our Northampton, MA office – in the “Five Colleges” area and accessible by public transit (PVTA)
- We’re committed to making sure your internship is educational, challenging, and informative, and we’re happy to coordinate with your college or university so you can receive credit for your work
- Interns are paid at an hourly rate, or may do an unpaid internship for school credit
Send the following to email@example.com with the subject line “Digital Campaigns Intern”:
- Cover Letter – Why should we hire you? Why do you want to work here? What special skills do you bring to the table?
- 3 recent writing samples – No need to write anything new. These can be anything from blog posts to old class papers, as long as you provide us with a body of work that gives us a sense of your ability as a writer (material on politics or current events a plus, but not required)
- 3 social media or video samples – We’re looking for interns with skills in one of these two areas. Please choose one to showcase with your application by providing links to 3 pieces that demonstrate your skills. These can be personal projects, or projects you worked on for a school club or previous job / internship, as long as it provides a sense of your voice and style. Examples might include (but are not limited to):
- A witty tweet that you’re particularly proud of
- A Facebook page you admin or post content to
- A video you edited and published
- A Facebook Live you created
Represent.Us is the nation’s largest grassroots anti-corruption campaign. We bring conservatives and progressives together to fix America’s corrupt political system.
Our small team is a carefully curated mix of seasoned political campaigners, policy wonks, advertising experts, designers, and engineers. We’re not a startup, but we’ve got startup DNA: we’re nimble, constantly learning and iterating, and know when it’s time to celebrate a Wednesday afternoon with root beer floats. We constantly push ourselves to push the envelope – to ignore “industry standards” and set a new standard.
We’ve been featured in the New York Times, Washington Post, CNN, FOX, CBS, and hundreds of other national and local media outlets.
Represent.Us is based in Northampton, MA, and recently opened a satellite office in San Francisco, CA. Come work with us!
About our internships
We’re always on the lookout for talented undergraduates who are passionate about fixing our corrupt political system. As an intern with Represent.Us you’ll be part of a hardworking, fun, and innovative team that values your skills and creative input.
You’ll gain hands-on experience working with a successful grassroots advocacy campaign, and an in-depth understanding of the rapidly growing anti-corruption movement. Many of our interns say their time here helped launch their careers.
We do not offer a telecommuting option. If you are interested in getting involved remotely as a volunteer, sign up here.