Event Management Intern
Event Management Intern
Represent.Us is seeking qualified candidates for an Event Management Internship in our Northampton, MA office. This internship opportunity is open to talented undergraduate and graduate students who are passionate about addressing the undue influence of money in U.S. politics through their hospitality and event management experience. The Event Management Intern will play an integral role in the planning, logistics, and marketing of Represent.Us’s 1,000+ person inaugural democracy reform conference planned for February 2-4, 2018 in New Orleans.
- Assist the Executive Administrator in organizing the Unrig the System Summit (500 attendees) planned at Tulane University for February 2018
- Help track conference budget and timeline
- Coordinate conference logistics
- Track conference registrants through ActionKit & Brown Paper Tickets
- Communicate important updates with conference speakers and attendees
- Collaborate with the Communications & Digital teams on promotion and branding of conference
- Creative – you think-out-of-the-box to help design an engaging and inclusive summit
- Collaborative and self-directed – you work well as part of a team, and on your own
- Organized – you stay on top of multiple priorities, and have an eye for detail
- Innovative – you enjoy solving problems and finding new ways of doing things
- Effective – you’re able to prioritize tasks, be flexible when curve balls arise, and take initiative when needed
- BONUS: you have experience with ActionKit!
- Fall-semester 2017 through early February 2018
- Concerned about the logistics of a non-traditional length internship? Apply anyway! We will work to accommodate you and your school schedule.
- Attend conference as day-of coordinator in New Orleans February 2-4, 2018
- Based in our Northampton, MA office – in the “Five Colleges” area and accessible by public transit (PVTA)
- We’re committed to making sure your internship is educational, challenging, and informative, and we’re happy to coordinate with your college or university so you can receive credit for your work
- Interns are paid at an hourly rate, or may do an unpaid internship for school credit
Send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Event Management Intern”:
- Cover Letter – Why should we hire you? Why do you want to work here? What special skills do you bring to the table?
Represent.Us is the nation’s largest grassroots anti-corruption campaign. We bring conservatives and progressives together to fix America’s corrupt political system.
Our small team is a carefully curated mix of seasoned political campaigners, policy wonks, advertising experts, designers, and engineers. We’re not a startup, but we’ve got startup DNA: we’re nimble, constantly learning and iterating, and know when it’s time to celebrate a Wednesday afternoon with root beer floats. We constantly push ourselves to push the envelope – to ignore “industry standards” and set a new standard.
We’ve been featured in the New York Times, Washington Post, CNN, FOX, CBS, and hundreds of other national and local media outlets.
Represent.Us is based in Northampton, MA, and recently opened a satellite office in San Francisco, CA. Come work with us!
About our internships
We’re always on the lookout for talented undergraduates who are passionate about fixing our corrupt political system. As an intern with Represent.Us you’ll be part of a hardworking, fun, and innovative team that values your skills and creative input.
You’ll gain hands-on experience working with a successful grassroots advocacy campaign, and an in-depth understanding of the rapidly growing anti-corruption movement. Many of our interns say their time here helped launch their careers.
We do not offer a telecommuting option. If you are interested in getting involved remotely as a volunteer, sign up here.