Represent.Us seeks a talented and creative Law Clerk to help design, research, and develop anti-corruption ballot initiatives, legislation, and litigation across the country. The clerkship provides an excellent opportunity to gain a hands-on introduction to the legal and policy issues of the democracy movement, as clerks will be deeply involved in designing cutting-edge anti-corruption reforms. The position is part-time and will be based in our Washington, D.C., office. This position will be paid at an hourly rate.
Under the direction of the Senior Counsel, the Law Clerk will:
- Conduct legal and policy research on anti-corruption reforms, including campaign finance, gerrymandering, voting, ethics, and transparency reforms;
- Help draft legislation, explore impact litigation, and design ballot initiatives;
- Attend democracy events and convenings;
- Draft outreach, communications, and organizing materials;
- Support other projects as needed.
- Be a 2L or 3L;
- Strong research and writing skills;
- A creative approach to legal advocacy;
- A commitment to using your legal education to serve the public interest;
- A desire to work in a values-driven and collaborative environment.
Please email (1) your resume, (2) a cover letter explaining your interest in the position, (3) a legal writing sample (no more than five pages), and (4) the names and telephone numbers of two references to Scott Greytak at email@example.com with the subject line “Law Clerk.” Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. Start/end dates are flexible.
At Represent.Us, diversity is one of our core organizational values. We strongly encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.
Represent.Us is the nation’s largest grassroots anti-corruption campaign. We bring conservatives and progressives together to fix America’s corrupt political system. Our small team is a carefully curated mix of seasoned political campaigners, legal and policy wonks, advertising experts, designers, and engineers. We’re not a startup, but we’ve got startup DNA: We’re nimble, constantly learning and iterating, and we push ourselves to ignore “industry standards” and set a new standard.