RepresentUs is seeking qualified candidates for an Organizing Internship in our Northampton, MA office. Organizing Interns work as part of a team to engage grassroots activists across the country and develop our nationwide volunteer-led chapters. As an Organizing Intern, you’ll work one-on-one with our volunteers, helping mobilize members of a nationwide grassroots movement to fix America’s broken political system. You’ll gain valuable experience working with a successful and rapidly growing national nonprofit to support grassroots advocacy efforts.
This position requires occasional evening and weekend hours. Must commit to working a minimum of 20 hours per week, with preference given to candidates able to work 30-40 hours per week.
RepresentUs is the nation’s largest grassroots anti-corruption campaign, headquartered in Northampton, MA with additional offices in San Francisco, CA, Washington, DC, and New York, NY. We bring together conservatives, progressives, and everyone in between to secure crucial legislative victories that are defending our Republic and fixing America’s corrupt political system.
But what it means for you, potential coworker, is that you feel what we feel when you wake up every day: a strong sense of purpose that binds you to the spirit of this nation, and an overwhelming sense that you should do something about it. And you want to work with people who feel the same.
RepresentUs is a carefully curated mix of seasoned political campaigners, policy wonks, advertising experts, designers, and engineers. We’re not a startup, but we’ve got startup DNA: we’re nimble, constantly learning and iterating, and know when it’s time to celebrate a Wednesday afternoon with root beer floats. We constantly push ourselves to push the envelope – to ignore “industry standards” and set a new standard.
We’re looking for enthusiastic new minds to help us grow, move faster, and achieve more. We believe our political system should reflect the varied voices of our nation, and so should our team. People of color, women, people with disabilities, lesbian, gay, bisexual, queer, transgender, and non-binary folks are strongly encouraged to apply.
In 2018 alone, we passed 23 anti-corruption measures, making it the biggest year of democracy reform in American history.
Come win with us!
About Our Internships
We offer fall-semester, spring-semester, and summer internships at our headquarters in Northampton, Massachusetts, often with opportunities to stay on at the organization. We’re always on the lookout for talented interns who are passionate about fixing America’s corrupt political system. With RepresentUs, you’ll be part of a hardworking, fun, and innovative team that values your skills and creative input.
Our interns gain hands-on experience and an in-depth understanding of the rapidly growing anti-corruption movement. We’re committed to making sure your internship is educational, challenging, and informative, and we’re happy to coordinate with your college or university so you can receive academic credit for your work. Interns are paid at an hourly rate.
- You’re outgoing and enjoy talking with people in person and over the phone
- You’re collaborative and self-directed; you work well as part of a team, and on your own
- You’re patient and detail-oriented – you can follow our phone-banking systems to a T!
- You’re passionate – you care about grassroots activism and anti-corruption reform
- You’re able to effectively prioritize tasks, be flexible when curveballs arise, and take initiative when needed
What you’ll be doing
- Tracking volunteer metrics using Nationbuilder, ActionKit, and Excel
- Helping to draft campaign materials and create web pages
- Participating in and helping to facilitate weekly call nights
- Utilizing Listfixer calling and Relay texting for volunteer recruitment and event outreach
- Collaborating with other members of the Organizing team as well as members of the Political and Communications teams as needed
- The internship will run June 3 – August 23, 2019.
- Applications are due no later than May 1, 2019.
Send a completed copy of the Summer 2019 Internship Application (PDF) to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Summer 2019 Intern”, making sure to fill out both pages and attach all requested materials. Due to the volume of applications, incomplete applications will not be considered.
Thank you for your interest in RepresentUs and our internship program!