RepresentUs is seeking qualified candidates for an Organizing Internship in our Northampton, MA office. Organizing Interns work as part of a team to engage grassroots activists across the country, developing our nationwide volunteer-led chapters. As an Organizing Intern, you’ll work one-on-one with our volunteers, helping mobilize members of a nationwide grassroots movement to fix America’s broken political system. You’ll gain valuable experience working with a successful and rapidly growing national nonprofit to support grassroots advocacy efforts.
This position requires occasional evening and weekend hours. Must commit to working a minimum of 20 hours per week, with preference given to candidates able to work 30-40 hours per week.
- Track volunteer metrics using Nationbuilder, ActionKit, and Excel
- Help draft campaign materials and create web pages
- Participate in and eventually run weekly national trainings
- Utilize Listfixer calling and Relay texting for volunteer recruitment and event outreach
- Collaborate with other members of the Organizing team as well as members of the Political and Communications teams as needed
- Outgoing – you enjoy talking with people in person and over the phone
- Collaborative and self-directed – you work well as part of a team, and on your own
- Patient and detail-oriented – you can follow our phone-banking systems to a T!
- Passionate – you care about grassroots activism and anti-corruption reform
- Effective – you’re able to prioritize tasks, be flexible when curveballs arise, and take initiative when needed
- The internship will run February 11 – May 3, 2019.
- Depending on need and scheduling, interns may be asked to attend and work the 2019 Unrig Summit in Nashville, TN March 29 – 31, 2019 (travel expenses paid).
- Applications are due no later than December 1, 2018.
Send a completed copy of the Spring 2019 Internship Application (PDF) to email@example.com with the subject line “Spring 2019 Intern”, making sure to fill out both pages and attach all requested materials. Due to the volume of applications, incomplete applications will not be considered.
Thank you for your interest in RepresentUs and our internship program!
RepresentUs is the nation’s largest grassroots anti-corruption campaign. We bring conservatives and progressives together to fix America’s corrupt political system.
Our small team is a carefully curated mix of seasoned political campaigners, policy wonks, advertising experts, designers, and engineers. We’re not a startup, but we’ve got startup DNA: we’re nimble, constantly learning and iterating, and know when it’s time to celebrate a Wednesday afternoon with root beer floats. We constantly push ourselves to push the envelope – to ignore “industry standards” and set a new standard.
We’ve been featured in the New York Times, Washington Post, CNN, FOX, CBS, and hundreds of other national and local media outlets.
RepresentUs is based in Northampton, MA and has satellite offices in San Francisco, CA and Washington, DC. Come work with us!
About our internships
We’re always on the lookout for talented interns who are passionate about fixing our corrupt political system. With RepresentUs, you’ll be part of a hardworking, fun, and innovative team that values your skills and creative input.
You’ll gain hands-on experience working with a successful grassroots advocacy campaign, and an in-depth understanding of the rapidly growing anti-corruption movement. Many of our interns say their time here helped launch their careers.
We’re committed to making sure your internship is educational, challenging, and informative, and we’re happy to coordinate with your college or university so you can receive academic credit for your work. Interns are paid at an hourly rate.
At this time, all intern work is performed out of our Northampton, MA office, in the “Five Colleges” area. We do not offer a telecommuting option. If you are interested in getting involved remotely as a volunteer, please sign up here.