The Political Intern works with the RepresentUs Political team to develop our network of relationships with nationwide, state, and local partners with a goal of enacting meaningful reform. As a Political Intern, you’ll have your finger on the pulse of the democracy reform movement around the country. You’ll gain valuable experience working with a successful national nonprofit to support the rapidly growing Anti-Corruption movement.
- Facilitate meetings between the political team and partners across the country, as well as with other departments across the organization
- Conduct research on political campaigns across the country (including policy, viability, and stakeholders)
- Manage relationships with stakeholders in NationBuilder
- Collaborate with organizing, policy, digital, and other teams on special projects
- Track relevant campaigns and legislation
- Take meeting notes, copyedit materials, and do data entry
- Collaborative and self directed – you work well as part of a team, and on your own
- Passionate – you care about relationship building and anti-corruption reform
- Flexible – you are fearless in the face of rapidly changing tasks and priorities
- Patient and detail-oriented – you can follow the systems in place, while looking for ways to improve them
- Outgoing – you enjoy talking with people in person and over the phone
- The internship will run February 11 – May 3, 2019.
- Depending on need and scheduling, interns may be asked to attend and work the 2019 Unrig Summit in Nashville, TN March 29 – 31, 2019 (travel expenses paid).
- Applications are due no later than December 1, 2018.
Send a completed copy of the Spring 2019 Internship Application (PDF) to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Spring 2019 Intern”, making sure to fill out both pages and attach all requested materials. Due to the volume of applications, incomplete applications will not be considered.
Thank you for your interest in RepresentUs and our internship program!
RepresentUs is the nation’s largest grassroots anti-corruption campaign. We bring conservatives and progressives together to fix America’s corrupt political system.
Our small team is a carefully curated mix of seasoned political campaigners, policy wonks, advertising experts, designers, and engineers. We’re not a startup, but we’ve got startup DNA: we’re nimble, constantly learning and iterating, and know when it’s time to celebrate a Wednesday afternoon with root beer floats. We constantly push ourselves to push the envelope – to ignore “industry standards” and set a new standard.
We’ve been featured in the New York Times, Washington Post, CNN, FOX, CBS, and hundreds of other national and local media outlets.
RepresentUs is based in Northampton, MA and has satellite offices in San Francisco, CA and Washington, DC. Come work with us!
About our internships
We’re always on the lookout for talented interns who are passionate about fixing our corrupt political system. With RepresentUs, you’ll be part of a hardworking, fun, and innovative team that values your skills and creative input.
You’ll gain hands-on experience working with a successful grassroots advocacy campaign, and an in-depth understanding of the rapidly growing anti-corruption movement. Many of our interns say their time here helped launch their careers.
We’re committed to making sure your internship is educational, challenging, and informative, and we’re happy to coordinate with your college or university so you can receive academic credit for your work. Interns are paid at an hourly rate.
At this time, all intern work is performed out of our Northampton, MA office, in the “Five Colleges” area. We do not offer a telecommuting option. If you are interested in getting involved remotely as a volunteer, please sign up here.