The Political Intern works with the Represent.Us Political team to develop our network of relationships with nationwide, state, and local partners with a goal of enacting meaningful reform. As a Political Intern, you’ll have your finger on the pulse of the democracy reform movement around the country. You’ll gain valuable experience working with a successful national nonprofit to support the rapidly growing Anti-Corruption movement.
Under the guidance of the Deputy Political Director, the Political Intern will:
- Facilitate meetings between the political team and partners across the country
- Assist the political team in researching essential campaign information
- Manage relationships with stakeholders in NationBuilder
- Collaborate with political, policy, and other teams on special projects
- Collaborative and self directed – you work well as part of a team, and on your own
- Passionate – you care about relationship building and anti-corruption reform
- Flexible – you are fearless in the face of rapidly changing tasks and priorities
- Patient and detail-oriented – you can follow the systems in place, while looking for ways to improve them
- Outgoing – you enjoy talking with people in person and over the phone
- Fall-semester, spring-semester, and summer internships available
- Based in our Northampton, MA office – in the “Five Colleges” area and accessible by public transit (PVTA)
- We’re committed to making sure your internship is educational, challenging, and informative, and we’re happy to coordinate with your college or university so you can receive credit for your work
- Interns are paid at an hourly rate, or may do an unpaid internship for school credit
Send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Political Intern”:
- Cover Letter – Why should we hire you? Why do you want to work here? What special skills do you bring to the table?
Represent.Us is the nation’s largest grassroots anti-corruption campaign. We bring conservatives and progressives together to fix America’s corrupt political system.
Our small team is a carefully curated mix of seasoned political campaigners, policy wonks, advertising experts, designers, and engineers. We’re not a startup, but we’ve got startup DNA: we’re nimble, constantly learning and iterating, and know when it’s time to celebrate a Wednesday afternoon with root beer floats. We constantly push ourselves to push the envelope – to ignore “industry standards” and set a new standard.
We’ve been featured in the New York Times, Washington Post, CNN, FOX, CBS, and hundreds of other national and local media outlets.
Represent.Us is based in Northampton, MA, and recently opened a satellite office in San Francisco, CA. Come work with us!
About our internships
We’re always on the lookout for talented undergraduates who are passionate about fixing our corrupt political system. As an intern with Represent.Us you’ll be part of a hardworking, fun, and innovative team that values your skills and creative input.
You’ll gain hands-on experience working with a successful grassroots advocacy campaign, and an in-depth understanding of the rapidly growing anti-corruption movement. Many of our interns say their time here helped launch their careers.
We do not offer a telecommuting option. If you are interested in getting involved remotely as a volunteer, sign up here.