Digital Campaign Intern
Digital Campaign Intern
Represent.Us is seeking qualified candidates for a Digital Campaign Intern position in our Northampton, MA office (Five Colleges area; accessible by PVTA). The Digital Campaign Intern will play a direct role in the day-to-day work of the Communications team for our national campaign.
Your work may include
- Implementing our digital media strategy across a variety of social networks including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Reddit, and Brigade
- Social media administration and community management
- Managing strategic partnerships, audience development, and content distribution
- Building and analyzing analytics reports using industry standard social listening software
- Developing and refining targeted online advertising campaigns
- Content creation and curation for our digital media platforms
- Assisting with campaign emails for our 250,000+ membership list
- Coordinating with our campaign team to support our grassroots organizing efforts
We’re looking for applicants who have:
- Strong writing skills
- A knack for social media and maintain an active presence on multiple platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Reddit, etc.)
- A passion for politics and current events
- The ability to learn quickly, manage time effectively, and adjust to new challenges on the fly
- Fall-semester, spring-semester, and summer internships
- Based in our Northampton, Massachusetts office – in the “Five Colleges” area and accessible by public transit (PVTA)
- We’re committed to making sure your internship is educational, challenging, and informative, and we’re happy to coordinate with your college or university so you can receive credit for your work
- Interns receive a stipend to help with living costs
How do I apply?
Send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org (Use the subject line: “Social media intern”):
- Cover Letter – Why should we hire you? Why do you want to work here? What special skills do you bring to the table?
- 3 Recent Writing Samples – No need to write anything new. These can be anything from blog posts to old class papers, as long as you provide us with a body of work that gives us a sense of your ability as a writer (material on politics or current events a plus, but not required)
- 3 Social media samples – Links to 3 of your posts on social media. These can be either personal posts, or posts authored for a school club or previous job / internship, as long as it provides a sense of your voice on social media. Examples might include (but are not limited to):
- A witty Tweet that you’re particularly proud of
- A Facebook page you admin or post content to
- An in-depth Tumblr post or Reddit comment
- A video you’ve posted to YouTube or Vimeo
Represent.Us is the nation’s largest grassroots anti-corruption campaign. We bring conservatives and progressives together to fix America’s corrupt political system.
Our small team is a carefully curated mix of seasoned political campaigners, policy wonks, advertising experts, designers, and engineers. We’re not a startup, but we’ve got startup DNA: we’re nimble, constantly learning and iterating, and know when it’s time to celebrate a Wednesday afternoon with root beer floats. We constantly push ourselves to push the envelope – to ignore “industry standards” and set a new standard.
We’ve been featured in the New York Times, Washington Post, CNN, FOX, CBS, and hundreds of other national and local media outlets.
Represent.Us is based in Northampton, MA, and recently opened a satellite office in San Francisco. Come work with us!
About Our Internships
We’re always on the lookout for talented undergraduates who are passionate about fixing our corrupt political system. As an intern with Represent.Us you’ll be part of a hardworking, fun, and innovative team that values your skills and creative input.
You’ll gain hands-on experience working with a successful grassroots advocacy campaign, and an in-depth understanding of the rapidly growing anti-corruption movement. Many of our interns say their time here helped launch their careers.
We do not offer a telecommuting option. If you are interested in getting involved remotely as a volunteer, sign up here.