Associate Administrative Director
RepresentUs is the nation’s largest grassroots anti-corruption campaign. Headquartered in Northampton, MA, we also have staff in San Francisco, CA, Los Angeles, CA, Washington, DC, and New York, NY. We bring together conservatives, progressives, and everyone in between to secure crucial victories that are defending our Republic and fixing America’s corrupt political system.
But what it means for you, potential coworker, is that you feel what we feel when you wake up every day: a strong sense of purpose that binds you to the spirit of this nation, and an overwhelming sense that you should do something about it. And you want to work with people who feel the same.
RepresentUs is a carefully curated mix of seasoned political campaigners, policy wonks, advertising experts, designers, and engineers. We’re not a startup, but we’ve got startup DNA: we’re nimble, constantly learning and iterating, and know when it’s time to celebrate a Wednesday afternoon with root beer floats. We constantly push ourselves to push the envelope – to ignore “industry standards” and set a new standard.
We’re looking for enthusiastic new minds to help us grow, move faster, and achieve more. We believe our political system should reflect the varied voices of our nation, and so should our team. People of color, women, people with disabilities, lesbian, gay, bisexual, queer, transgender, and non-binary folks are strongly encouraged to apply.
In 2018, we passed 23 anti-corruption measures—a historic year for democracy reform.
Come win with us!
You’d describe yourself as a people person with a head for numbers and systems. You embrace what makes a complex organization (and its equally complex people) tick, and know how to quantify it and challenge us to reach for more. You find fulfillment in building strong and meaningful relationships with staff members at all levels, you love meeting people where they’re at, and you’re genuinely invested in your colleagues’ growth and happiness. You demonstrate personal accountability in job performance, and you’re able to move quickly and capably between a wide range of responsibilities. You live and breathe RepresentUs’ vision, values, and business plan in your day-to-day work. You’re adept at anticipating needs, comfortable taking initiative and direction, and are an effective problem solver and communicator.
And, you’re ready to do it all on a full-time or part-time basis from our headquarters in Florence, Massachusetts.
What You’ll Be Doing
Under the direction of the COO, the Associate Administrative Director will manage and actively execute operational, financial, HR, and regulatory policies and procedures for the 501(c)(3) and 501(c)(4), including:
- Ensuring proper adherence to federal, state, and local advocacy and lobbying laws; and training staff to properly track, document, and report activities in a timely fashion.
- Hands-on managing of all aspects of the organization’s human resources needs, including:
- Hiring practices and new staff orientation
- Managing benefit vendors and policies, including health, dental, retirement, and disability benefits
- Improving and updating salary review protocols, paid time off policies and procedures, and disciplinary process in accordance with RepresentUs values and local, state, and federal law
- Ensuring proper documentation of staff timekeeping records
- Annual staff training and overview of employee handbook
- Overseeing weekly, monthly, and annual financial tasks, including but not limited to:
- Accounts payable & receivable processes
- Reconciling bank and credit card accounts
- Allocating biweekly payroll and benefits
- Maintaining an orderly accounting filing system
- Fulfilling state-specific campaign finance reporting requirements and filing deadlines
- Tax return preparations and the annual audit with accountants
- Strong experience in operations and HR management with ability to build successful and strategic recruiting and hiring processes.
- Ability to translate regulatory requirements into action items, documentation procedures, and reporting processes.
- Campaign finance reporting experience is a plus; ability to learn is a must.
- Demonstrated ability to be entrusted with sensitive information and conduct daily activities with utmost professionalism and integrity.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively with people at all levels of the organization including: staff, consultants, colleagues, volunteers, members/constituents, and the general public. Must be confident, outgoing, courteous, and professional in all written and verbal communications.
- Must have strong personal work ethic and ability to organize time, manage diverse activities, and meet critical deadlines.
- Consistently demonstrate common sense, flexibility and teamwork. Must be able to adapt or modify plans, timelines or processes in response to changing circumstances.
Compensation and Benefits
We’re committed to bringing in top talent from all sectors. Accordingly, we offer competitive salaries and pretty awesome benefits, including health and dental insurance, a health reimbursement account, wellness perks, a dependent care account, and a retirement benefit. Plus employer-funded short-term disability and life insurance.
Oh, and we have this wild idea that we’ll do better work if we have time to see our friends and families, so we get four weeks of paid vacation a year, plus personal and sick time.
Please email email@example.com with the subject line “Associate Administrative Director” and include your resume and a letter of interest. Telecommuting is not accommodated at this time. No phone calls please.