Deputy Political Director
Deputy Political Director
Represent.Us seeks a full-time Deputy Political Director to support development and implementation of a national campaign to win state and local anti-corruption ballot initiatives and legislation.
Under the direction of the Political Director, the Deputy Political Director will:
- Assist campaign staff, develop campaign strategies and budgets; create and manage tracking systems to monitor campaign metrics, opposition, earned media, paid media, etc.
- Identify candidates for key positions such as campaign managers and consultants.
- Support the development and coordination of state and local ballot initiative and legislative campaigns and assist with internal and public communications, grasstops and grassroots development, coalition building, outreach and maintenance, campaign staffing oversight and overall strategy.
- Research and analyze stakeholders, including likely proponents and opponents.
- Analyze polling and modeling data and assist with messaging, talking points, campaign materials and delivery mechanisms including website and digital properties.
- Work with campaign staff to help identify, recruit and train spokespeople for earned and paid media.
- Develop ideas for use in paid media, earned media and digital communications.
- Create materials for national and local partners, donors and prospective donors, including content for grant proposals.
- Conduct post-election campaign analysis to debrief and inform future strategy and messaging.
- Winning experience in political campaigns, preferably ballot initiatives.
- Passion for democracy reforms such as campaign finance, ethics, transparency, redistricting and voting reforms.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively with senior managers and partner organizations.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, campaign environment.
Compensation and Benefits
We are committed to bringing in top talent. Accordingly, we offer highly competitive salaries and awesome benefits, including health and dental insurance, retirement benefits, a health reimbursement account, a dependent care account, and a wellness benefit. Oh, and we have this crazy idea that we’ll do better work if we have time to see our friends and families, so we get 4 weeks of paid vacation a year.
How to Apply
Please send an email with your resume and a letter of interest attached to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Deputy Political Director.”
Represent.Us is the nation’s largest grassroots anti-corruption campaign. We bring conservatives and progressives together to fix America’s corrupt political system.
Our small team is a carefully curated mix of seasoned political campaigners, policy wonks, advertising experts, designers, and engineers. We’re not a startup, but we’ve got startup DNA: we’re nimble, constantly learning and iterating, and know when it’s time to celebrate a Wednesday afternoon with root beer floats. We constantly push ourselves to push the envelope – to ignore “industry standards” and set a new standard.
We’ve been featured in the New York Times, Washington Post, CNN, FOX, CBS, and hundreds of other national and local media outlets.
Represent.Us is based in Northampton, MA, and recently opened a satellite office in San Francisco. Come work with us!