Represent.Us is seeking a Development Coordinator (DC) to support and improve functionality of all fundraising data systems for the organization. The DC will refine and implement creative solutions to improve donor data accuracy and access, and contribute to building comprehensive donor profiles with a focus on information that supports donor retention and cultivation. This position works closely with the entire Development team, and is supervised by the Director of Strategic Initiatives.
Under the direction of the Director of Strategic Initiatives, the Development Coordinator (DC) will:
- Conduct, organize, and manage prospect research
- Maintain and improve database systems, functions, and capabilities
- Develop processes for maximizing databases and other resources
- Produce and create donor reports
- Review and improve administrative systems
- Copyedit all outward-facing donor materials and communications
- Assist with implementation and maintenance of stewardship plan for donors
- Assist with monitoring and analyzing of donor trends
- Work as part of the overall Development team to develop and execute strategies to achieve annual departmental goals
- Collaborate with the Development team in goal-setting and expense management
- Minimum of three years of experience in a position of similar complexity and responsibility, preferably in a non-profit public interest oriented setting
- Ability to follow through on assignments with a minimum of direct supervision
- Demonstrated ability to manage confidential and sensitive information with the utmost professionalism and integrity
- Ability to resourcefully solve problems independently
- Ability to clearly communicate with staff and constituents at all levels and in all forms (written, verbal, group meetings)
- Strong attention to detail and superior organizational skills.
- Must have strong personal work ethic.
- Demonstrated experience and aptitude with new types of software and database management, specifically CRMs and Google Suite, as well as intermediate skills with office suite.
- Consistently demonstrate common sense, flexibility and teamwork. Must be able to adapt or modify plans, timelines or processes in response to changing circumstances.
- Must be confident, outgoing, courteous, and professional in all written and verbal communications.
- Must be comfortable and confident in a supportive role while also able to work independently.
- Able to work effectively with people at all levels of the organization, both internally and externally.
- A great sense of humor is a must!
- Finally, you should have a great attitude and embrace working in a cross-partisan organization.
Compensation and Benefits
We are committed to bringing in top talent from all sectors. Accordingly, we offer highly competitive salaries and pretty awesome benefits, including health and dental insurance, retirement benefits, a health reimbursement account, a dependent care account, and a wellness benefit. Oh, and we have this crazy idea that we’ll do better work if we have time to see our friends and families, so we get four weeks of paid vacation each year.
Please send an email with your resume and a letter of interest attached to email@example.com with the subject line “Development Coordinator.”
Represent.Us is the nation’s largest grassroots anti-corruption campaign. We bring conservatives and progressives together to fix America’s corrupt political system.
Our small team is a carefully curated mix of seasoned political campaigners, policy wonks, advertising experts, designers, and engineers. We’re not a startup, but we’ve got startup DNA: we’re nimble, constantly learning and iterating, and know when it’s time to celebrate a Wednesday afternoon with root beer floats. We constantly push ourselves to push the envelope – to ignore “industry standards” and set a new standard.
We’ve been featured in the New York Times, Washington Post, CNN, FOX, CBS, and hundreds of other national and local media outlets.
Represent.Us is based in Northampton, MA, and recently opened a satellite office in San Francisco. Come work with us!