Director of Outreach
RepresentUs seeks a full-time Director of Outreach to support the passage of state and local ballot initiatives and legislation.
RepresentUs is the nation’s largest grassroots anti-corruption campaign, headquartered in Northampton, MA with additional offices in San Francisco, CA, Washington, DC, and New York, NY. We bring together conservatives, progressives, and everyone in between to secure crucial legislative victories that are defending our Republic and fixing America’s corrupt political system.
But what it means for you, potential coworker, is that you feel what we feel when you wake up every day: a strong sense of purpose that binds you to the spirit of this nation, and an overwhelming sense that you should do something about it. And you want to work with people who feel the same.
RepresentUs is a carefully curated mix of seasoned political campaigners, policy wonks, advertising experts, designers, and engineers. We’re not a startup, but we’ve got startup DNA: we’re nimble, constantly learning and iterating, and know when it’s time to celebrate a Wednesday afternoon with root beer floats. We constantly push ourselves to push the envelope – to ignore “industry standards” and set a new standard.
We’re looking for enthusiastic new minds to help us grow, move faster, and achieve more. We believe our political system should reflect the varied voices of our nation, and so should our team. People of color, women, people with disabilities, lesbian, gay, bisexual, queer, transgender, and non-binary folks are strongly encouraged to apply.
In 2018 alone, we passed 23 anti-corruption measures, making it the biggest year of democracy reform in American history.
Come win with us!
Our ideal candidate is a renaissance person: a stellar writer and verbal communicator, an excellent project manager, and an insightful strategic thinker. You love connecting and working with activists across the country, and know how to spot and cultivate talent. You don’t shy away from the tough decisions that accompany pushing for structural political change. You thrive in a fast-paced environment and are a good team player who’s adaptable to shifting circumstances. You are ready to make a major impact, and you embrace working in a cross-partisan organization.
- Develops and executes outreach and engagement efforts for state and local ballot initiative and legislative campaigns.
- Assists with internal and public communications, grasstops and grassroots development, coalition building, outreach and maintenance, campaign staffing oversight, and overall campaign strategy.
- Deploys to target states to assist in relationship cultivation and management, political viability assessment, and membership growth.
- Assists campaign staff and development of campaign strategies and budgets; creates and monitors campaign metrics, opposition, earned media, paid media, etc.
- Helps identify candidates for key positions such as campaign managers and consultants.
- Researches and analyzes stakeholders, including likely proponents and opponents.
- Works with campaign staff to identify, recruit, and train spokespeople for earned and paid media.
- Develops ideas for use in paid media, earned media, and digital communications.
- Creates materials for national and local partners as well as donors and prospective donors, including content for grant proposals and reports.
- Facilitates inter-departmental communication for campaigns, and helps drive project management for campaigns.
- Conducts post-election campaign analysis to inform future strategy and messaging.
Skills & Experience
- Passion for and deep experience with democracy reform.
- Dedicated track record of developing and supporting grassroots talent and grasstops partnerships.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively with senior managers, volunteers, colleagues and partner organizations.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, campaign environment.
Compensation and Benefits
We’re committed to bringing in top talent from all sectors. Accordingly, we offer competitive salaries and pretty awesome benefits, including health and dental insurance, a health reimbursement account, wellness perks, a dependent care account, and a retirement benefit. Plus employer-funded short-term disability and life insurance.
Oh, and we have this wild idea that we’ll do better work if we have time to see our friends and families, so we get four weeks of paid vacation a year, plus personal and sick time.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Director of Outreach” and include your resume and a letter of interest.
- We’re accepting applications on a rolling basis, so please apply as soon as possible.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. Unless stated otherwise, all jobs are full time. This position is available in any of our offices or through telecommuting (with semi-regular travel to our offices). No phone calls please.