Represent.Us is seeking an HR Manager in our Florence, MA office to administer day-to-day human resources functions while ensuring compliance with federal, state, and local laws and regulations. The HR Manager must be able to build strong interpersonal relationships at all levels. The HR Manager must work quickly and proactively, be adept at anticipating needs, take initiative, and be an effective strategic thinker and strong communicator.
Under the direction of the COO, the HR Manager is responsible for managing overall provisions of Human Resources services, policies, and programs for the organization, including but not limited to:
- Establishing professional development initiative
- Creating and facilitating onboarding program for new and current employees and interns
- Managing full lifecycle recruiting process, from recruitment to evaluation to offer
- Spearheading HR policy development & objectives, documentation, and training for management
- Training all new staff and updating existing staff on internal systems, administrative policies, and procedures
- Ensuring compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations
- Creating and maintaining job description portfolio
- Assisting with employee performance review process, including ensuring proper use of tools and metrics, overseeing next steps and joint recommendations, and maintaining all personnel files and records
- Working with Finance & Operations Teams to manage daily operations, such as reconciling monthly insurance bills with payroll deductions
- Administering compensation and competitive benefits packages, including managing annual open enrollment
- Assisting with employee services and counseling, including conflict resolution and performance issues
- Assisting with other Operations programs and tasks as required
- Minimum of three years of experience in a position of similar complexity and responsibility, preferably in a non-profit public interest oriented setting
- Ability to follow through on assignments with a minimum of direct supervision
- Demonstrated ability to manage confidential and sensitive information with the utmost professionalism and integrity
- Ability to resourcefully solve problems independently
- Ability to clearly communicate with staff and constituents at all levels and in all forms (written, verbal, group meetings)
- Consistently demonstrate common sense, flexibility and teamwork. Must be able to adapt or modify plans, timelines or processes in response to changing circumstances.
- Must be confident, outgoing, courteous, and professional in all written and verbal communications.
- Must be comfortable and confident in a supportive role while also able to work independently.
- Able to work effectively with people at all levels of the organization, both internally and externally.
- Strong attention to detail and superior organizational skills.
- Must have strong personal work ethic.
- Demonstrated experience and aptitude with new types of software and database management.
- A great sense of humor is a must!
- Finally, you should have a great attitude and embrace working in a cross-partisan organization.
Compensation and Benefits
We are committed to bringing in top talent from all sectors. Accordingly, we offer highly competitive salaries and pretty awesome benefits, including health and dental insurance, retirement benefits, a health reimbursement account, a dependent care account, and a wellness benefit. Oh, and we have this crazy idea that we’ll do better work if we have time to see our friends and families, so we get four weeks of paid vacation each year.
The annual salary range for the HR Manager position is $55K-$70K.
Please send an email with your resume and a letter of interest attached to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “HR Manager.” Full time availability preferred; part time and flexible schedule negotiable for the right candidate.
Telecommuting is not accommodated at this time. No phone calls please.
Represent.Us is the nation’s largest grassroots anti-corruption campaign. We bring conservatives and progressives together to fix America’s corrupt political system.
Our small team is a carefully curated mix of seasoned political campaigners, policy wonks, advertising experts, designers, and engineers. We’re not a startup, but we’ve got startup DNA: we’re nimble, constantly learning and iterating, and know when it’s time to celebrate a Wednesday afternoon with root beer floats. We constantly push ourselves to push the envelope – to ignore “industry standards” and set a new standard.
We’ve been featured in the New York Times, Washington Post, CNN, FOX, CBS, and hundreds of other national and local media outlets.
Represent.Us is based in Northampton, MA, and has satellite offices in San Francisco, CA and Washington, DC. Come work with us!