Major Gifts Officer
Major Gifts Officer
Represent.Us is seeking a politically savvy Major Gifts Officer (MGO) to raise funds for our national advocacy campaign to stop the undue influence of money in politics and fix our broken political system. This is a new position to develop and manage a major donor program for our campaigns. The MGO will identify, cultivate, solicit and steward major donors and prospective major donors. The MGO monitors and reports on progress, ensuring that major donor revenue goals are met. S/he reports to the Director of Strategic Initiatives.
Under the direction of the Director of Strategic Initiatives, the Major Gift Officer will:
- Develop, manage, and expand a portfolio of prospects capable of making gifts of $10,000-$500,000; emphasis will be on securing a significant number of new gifts and gift upgrades through a strategic and ambitious approach to cultivation and solicitation.
- Collaborate with the Development team to create strategies to expand the donor pipeline and upgrade mid-level donors. Meet aggressive targets for an increase in number of donors.
- Create briefings, proposal materials, and other communications for major donors.
- Build relationships with Represent.Us’ program staff to acquire the information needed to solicit gifts and build donor relationships effectively.
- Work as part of the overall Development team to develop and execute strategies to achieve annual departmental goals.
- Collaborate with the Development team in goal setting and expense management.
Our new Major Gift Officer will thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, and innovative environment. You will be self-directed, goal-oriented, ambitious, and confident in your abilities. You will also be passionate about our work, collaborative, and highly adaptable (read: you are comfortable with shifting priorities and the mercurial nature of political campaigns). You’ll be an excellent communicator and have an engaging personality.
- Highly organized, pro-active, detail-oriented, with excellent time management skills
- Ability to write well and effectively communicate the mission, goals, and needs of the organization
- Ability to articulate complex ideas clearly, accurately, and concisely
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- A successful track record of identifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding high net-worth individuals in a very fast-paced, mission-driven environment
- At least five years experience working in a front-line fundraising or sales position
- Experience managing a national donor portfolio
- Success in a deadline-driven environment with shifting demands and priorities
- Ability to travel frequently (required)
- Experience working on political campaigns, or with national advocacy campaigns
- A strong commitment to Represent.Us’ mission, purpose, and values
- Finally, you should have a great attitude and embrace working in a cross-partisan organization
Compensation and Benefits
We are committed to bringing in top talent from all sectors. Accordingly, we offer highly competitive salaries and pretty awesome benefits, including health and dental insurance, retirement benefits, a health reimbursement account, a dependent care account, and a wellness benefit. Oh, and we have this crazy idea that we’ll do better work if we have time to see our friends and families, so we get four weeks of paid vacation each year.
How to Apply
Please send an email with your resume and a letter of interest attached to email@example.com with the subject line “Major Gift Officer.”
Represent.Us is the nation’s largest grassroots anti-corruption campaign. We bring conservatives and progressives together to fix America’s corrupt political system.
Our small team is a carefully curated mix of seasoned political campaigners, policy wonks, advertising experts, designers, and engineers. We’re not a startup, but we’ve got startup DNA: we’re nimble, constantly learning and iterating, and know when it’s time to celebrate a Wednesday afternoon with root beer floats. We constantly push ourselves to push the envelope – to ignore “industry standards” and set a new standard.
We’ve been featured in the New York Times, Washington Post, CNN, FOX, CBS, and hundreds of other national and local media outlets.
Represent.Us is based in Northampton, MA, and recently opened a satellite office in San Francisco, CA. Come work with us!