RepresentUs is the nation’s leading right-left anti-corruption organization. We bring together conservatives, progressives, and everyone in between to secure crucial victories that are defending our Republic and fixing America’s corrupt political system.
But what it means for you, potential coworker, is that you feel what we feel when you wake up every day: a strong sense of purpose that binds you to the spirit of this nation, and an overwhelming sense that you should do something about it. And you want to work with people who feel the same.
RepresentUs is a carefully curated mix of seasoned political campaigners, policy wonks, advertising experts, designers, and engineers. We’re not a startup, but we’ve got startup DNA: we’re nimble, constantly learning and iterating, and we push ourselves to push the envelope—to ignore “industry standards” and set a new standard.
We’re looking for enthusiastic new minds to help us grow, move faster, and achieve more. We believe our political system should reflect the varied voices of our nation, and so should our team. That’s why we’re an Equal Opportunity Employer; people of color, women, people with disabilities, and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
In 2018, we helped pass 23 anti-corruption measures—a historic year for the movement.
We’re headquartered in Northampton, MA and also have staff around the country. Come win with us!
You’re a data person. You’d describe yourself as a problem-solver and detective: you’re someone who loves to get to the bottom of things. You know what questions to ask to lead you in the right direction, and you enjoy answering questions that don’t have an obvious solution. You love nerding out over a spreadsheet, but you’re also able to communicate with people who don’t speak data. You can query the database, look through thousands of rows of dirty data, clean it up, and find the one metric that we need to hear to act on it. You’re critical (you don’t get fooled by vanity metrics), but you’re a realist (you can separate the signal from the noise). When you see a problem, you’re quick to come up with possible solutions. And you’re excited to put your skills to work full-time for the anti-corruption movement, in our San Francisco, CA or Northampton, MA offices.
What You’ll Be Doing
Under the direction of the Digital Director, the Marketing Analyst will provide reporting and analysis to the entire team. Your responsibilities will include:
- Building and maintaining ongoing reports and dashboards to track performance across the organization
- Leveraging a broad and diverse suite of analytical tools to measure progress toward organizational goals
- Working with colleagues from all departments to identify and define metrics that will help track progress toward organizational goals
- Analyzing data to challenge assumptions and uncover new growth and member engagement opportunities
- Clearly communicating insights to stakeholders so that they can be acted upon
- Developing and implementing databases, data collection systems, data analytics, and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality
- Acquiring data from primary or secondary data sources and maintaining databases/data systems
- Identifying and defining new process improvement opportunities
- Proven working experience as a data analyst
- Strong knowledge of database design, construction, and querying. Interaction with SQL or similar database platform will be a daily task.
- Expert knowledge of Google Analytics and CRM systems like NationBuilder, ActionKit, or similar
- Experience with data reporting and visualization. Adept at queries, report writing, and presenting findings.
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets (Python, R, SPSS, or similar platforms)
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- BS in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics, or equivalent demonstrable work experience a plus.
Compensation and Benefits
We’re committed to bringing in top talent from all sectors. Accordingly, we offer competitive salaries and pretty awesome benefits, including health and dental insurance, a health reimbursement account, wellness perks, a dependent care account, and a retirement benefit. Plus employer-funded short-term disability and life insurance.
Oh, and we have this wild idea that we’ll do better work if we have time to see our friends and families, so we get four weeks of paid vacation a year, plus personal and sick time.
This position will work out of either our San Francisco, CA or Northampton, MA offices. Salary range: $65-$75K in MA; $75-85K in San Francisco.
Telecommuting is not accommodated at this time. No phone calls please.