RepresentUs is seeking a part-time (20 hour/week) Office Assistant in Western Massachusetts to support office administration, human resources, timekeeping, IT, accounting, and more.
RepresentUs is the nation’s largest grassroots anti-corruption campaign, headquartered in Northampton, MA with additional offices in San Francisco, CA, Washington, DC, and New York, NY. We bring together conservatives, progressives, and everyone in between to secure crucial legislative victories that are defending our Republic and fixing America’s corrupt political system.
But what it means for you, potential coworker, is that you feel what we feel when you wake up every day: a strong sense of purpose that binds you to the spirit of this nation, and an overwhelming sense that you should do something about it. And you want to work with people who feel the same.
RepresentUs is a carefully curated mix of seasoned political campaigners, policy wonks, advertising experts, designers, and engineers. We’re not a startup, but we’ve got startup DNA: we’re nimble, constantly learning and iterating, and know when it’s time to celebrate a Wednesday afternoon with root beer floats. We constantly push ourselves to push the envelope – to ignore “industry standards” and set a new standard.
We’re looking for enthusiastic new minds to help us grow, move faster, and achieve more. We believe our political system should reflect the varied voices of our nation, and so should our team. People of color, women, people with disabilities, lesbian, gay, bisexual, queer, transgender, and non-binary folks are strongly encouraged to apply.
In 2018 alone, we passed 23 anti-corruption measures, making it the biggest year of democracy reform in American history.
Come win with us!
You’ve got drive and are eager to play a supportive role wherever needed. You’re one of the first people that folks go to if they need help, and for good reason: you’re approachable, efficient, and love being a team player. You’re resourceful, not afraid to pick up the phone, and know how and where to get the right answers, and you’re also proactive and adept at anticipating needs before they arise. You never shy away from a challenge, and are always ready to roll up your sleeves to get the job done. You triple-check your numbers, you’re precise with your spreadsheets, and you love getting involved in the details. Finally, you’ve got a great attitude and embrace working in a cross-partisan organization.
What You’ll Be Doing
Under the direction of the Operations Director, the Office Assistant:
- Performs general office and administrative tasks, such as setting up for meetings, recording staff meeting minutes, fielding phone calls, managing shared office calendars, and handling incoming and outgoing mail
- Ensures the office building is opened and closed daily, and that common areas and supplies are kept tidy
- Actively monitors inventory of office supplies, outreach materials, and pantry, restocking as needed
- Organizes company credit card receipts and expense reports
- Maintains ongoing relationships with vendors for weekly trash and recycling pickup, cleaning, copier support, and other office upkeep needs
- Provides administrative support to the Operations team, including but not limited to data entry, pulling reports, formatting spreadsheets, and copyediting
- Books travel and accommodations for staff deployments
- Provides additional support company wide, as needed
- Demonstrated ability to conduct daily activities with utmost professionalism and integrity.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively with people at all levels of the organization including: staff, consultants, colleagues, volunteers, members/constituents, and the general public. Must be confident, outgoing, courteous, and professional in all written and verbal communications.
- Must have strong personal work ethic and ability to organize time and manage diverse activities.
- Consistently demonstrate common sense, flexibility, and teamwork. Must be able to adapt or modify plans, timelines, or processes in response to changing circumstances.
Compensation and Benefits
We’re committed to bringing in top talent from all sectors. Accordingly, we offer competitive salaries and pretty awesome benefits, including health and dental insurance, a health reimbursement account, wellness perks, a dependent care account, and a retirement benefit. Plus employer-funded short-term disability and life insurance.
Oh, and we have this wild idea that we’ll do better work if we have time to see our friends and families, so we get four weeks of paid vacation a year, plus personal and sick time.
Please email your resume and a letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Office Assistant.” Telecommuting is not accommodated at this time. No phone calls please.