RepresentUs is the nation’s leading right-left anti-corruption organization. We bring together conservatives, progressives, and everyone in between to secure crucial victories that are defending our Republic and fixing America’s corrupt political system.
But what it means for you, potential coworker, is that you feel what we feel when you wake up every day: a strong sense of purpose that binds you to the spirit of this nation, and an overwhelming sense that you should do something about it. And you want to work with people who feel the same.
RepresentUs is a carefully curated mix of seasoned political campaigners, policy wonks, advertising experts, designers, and engineers. We’re not a startup, but we’ve got startup DNA: we’re nimble, constantly learning and iterating, and we push ourselves to push the envelope—to ignore “industry standards” and set a new standard.
We’re looking for enthusiastic new minds to help us grow, move faster, and achieve more. We believe our political system should reflect the varied voices of our nation, and so should our team. That’s why we’re an Equal Opportunity Employer; people of color, women, people with disabilities, and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
In 2018, we helped pass 23 anti-corruption measures—a historic year for the movement.
We’re headquartered in Northampton, MA and also have staff around the country. Come win with us!
You’re looking for an entry-level position in Northampton, MA or San Francisco, CA that will turn your online skills into political action. You want to make the world a better place, and you’re eager and ready to learn new skills, work hard, and push yourself to win.
You are a creative AND analytical thinker: you like to come up with headlines & imagery, and also to crunch numbers and nerd out with a spreadsheet. You love collaborating with other people, but you also know how to manage your own time and projects.
And finally: you get excited about the idea of communicating with more than 1 million online supporters and 5,000 RepresentUs activists building chapters, campaigning, organizing creative actions and, ultimately, adding to the wave of city and state anti-corruption laws being passed across the country.
What You’ll Be Doing
We’re looking for an Online Campaigner to create and distribute digital content via email, social media, and RepresentUs web properties. The Online Campaigner will:
- Stay up to date on current events around money in politics and all of RepresentUs’ policy areas
- Pitch content ideas and potential campaigns
- Help draft campaign content, including email and social media content that you will send to hundreds of thousands of supporters
- Maintain our social media channels, posting fresh and snappy content about major news, campaigns and initiatives
- Work on campaign execution, including setting up email blasts, petition pages, and monitoring metrics
- Execute A/B testing plans to optimize campaigns and inspire more people to deepen their engagement with the movement
- Work collaboratively to help execute creative projects
- Report on performance across our major channels, including which messages work with which audiences
- Ability to learn new skills quickly
- High level of organization, including experience coordinating multiple projects at once
- Excellent writing and communication skills; spelling and grammar snobs are encouraged to apply
- Some experience with online organizing or relevant platforms, such as:
- Online campaigning / organizing
- Facebook, Twitter, email tools, WordPress, or similar
- Background in political advocacy, organizing, digital activism, public policy, or related field
- Video, graphics, or photography work
- Rapid response email and social media campaigning
- Google Analytics
- Ability to work well under pressure and tight deadlines, and stay organized to get a campaign out the door
- Experience managing projects from concept through execution (preferred)
- Technical skills, including knowledge of HTML, CSS, etc. (preferred)
Compensation and Benefits
We’re committed to bringing in top talent from all sectors. Accordingly, we offer competitive salaries and pretty awesome benefits, including health and dental insurance, a health reimbursement account, wellness perks, a dependent care account, and a retirement benefit. Plus employer-funded short-term disability and life insurance.
Oh, and we have this wild idea that we’ll do better work if we have time to see our friends and families, so we get four weeks of paid vacation a year, plus personal and sick time.
The annual salary range for the Online Campaigner position varies by location: $40-$45K in MA, $50-$55K in CA.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. No phone calls please.