Senior Campaign Director
RepresentUs is the nation’s leading right-left anti-corruption organization. We bring together conservatives, progressives, and everyone in between to secure crucial victories that are defending our Republic and fixing America’s corrupt political system.
But what it means for you, potential coworker, is that you feel what we feel when you wake up every day: a strong sense of purpose that binds you to the spirit of this nation, and an overwhelming sense that you should do something about it. And you want to work with people who feel the same.
RepresentUs is a carefully curated mix of seasoned political campaigners, policy wonks, advertising experts, designers, and engineers. We’re not a startup, but we’ve got startup DNA: we’re nimble, constantly learning and iterating, and we push ourselves to push the envelope—to ignore “industry standards” and set a new standard.
We’re looking for enthusiastic new minds to help us grow, move faster, and achieve more. We believe our political system should reflect the varied voices of our nation, and so should our team. That’s why we’re an Equal Opportunity Employer; people of color, women, people with disabilities, and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
In 2018, we helped pass 23 anti-corruption measures—a historic year for the movement.
We’re headquartered in Northampton, MA and also have staff around the country. Come win with us!
Your true calling is leading and directing a team of tacticians across a nationwide map of multiple campaigns, issues, timelines, and goals. You are excellent at developing and managing relationships and are a creative, adept, and proactive problem-solver. You know how to look at the big picture and cut through the noise to effortlessly prioritize what needs to get done now to stay one, two, three steps ahead. You seamlessly move from task to task and issue to issue, working under tight deadlines in a dynamic environment. You are an exceptional manager and communicator, and you’re not afraid to move mountains to win. And you’re passionate about the democracy movement and committed to the fight for an America that works for everyone, not just the powerful and well-connected.
What You’ll Be Doing
The Senior Director is the leader of the Campaign Accelerator team, on a mission to supercharge the cross-partisan American democracy movement by providing multi-state, multi-issue services to the most promising campaigns across the country. Managing a cross-functional team of campaign managers, strategists, coordinators, content producers, researchers, and legal experts, the Senior Director will direct both the day-to-day operations of the Accelerator as well as drive its quarterly and yearly strategy across dozens of campaigns. Working closely with the Executive Director, Policy Director, and Political Director, the Senior Director will:
- Lead a team of Directors, coordinators, strategists, and content producers in day-to-day strategy and operations
- Drive strategic planning discussions to assess and advance national, state, and local strategy
- Liaise with department heads and vendors to build efficient and effective teams to service campaigns
- Develop and approve campaign plans and budgets to ensure effective coordination of national, state, and local activity on key democracy issues
- Control and manage workflow and quality control
- Recruit and oversee staff, consultants, and vendors
- Extensive experience and a winning track record in political campaign management
- Experience in a senior role managing teams providing services to multiple clients across different issues and states is preferred
- Experience designing, maintaining, and improving a goal-oriented accountability structure without compromising staff autonomy or innovation
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, meeting frequent deadlines
- Exceptional interpersonal and leadership skills
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Extensive experience recruiting, managing, and training high-performing staffers
- Complex budget creation and management
Compensation and Benefits
We’re committed to bringing in top talent from all sectors. Accordingly, we offer competitive salaries and pretty awesome benefits, including health and dental insurance, a health reimbursement account, wellness perks, a dependent care account, and a retirement benefit. Plus employer-funded short-term disability and life insurance.
Oh, and we have this wild idea that we’ll do better work if we have time to see our friends and families, so we get four weeks of paid vacation a year, plus personal and sick time.
Salary is commensurate with experience and varies by location. We currently have staff in Massachusetts, North Carolina, Washington DC, Pennsylvania, California, New York, and Alabama. Telecommuting from additional states is an option for the right candidate. The annual salary range for the Senior Campaign Director position is $100-$130K.
No phone calls, please.