Senior Policy Analyst
Senior Policy Analyst
Represent.Us is seeking a full-time Senior Policy Analyst to support the research, development, and implementation of anti-corruption ballot initiatives and legislation across the nation. The position is based in our San Francisco/Bay Area office. The Senior Policy Analyst will work closely with and report to the Policy Director.
Under the direction of the Policy Director, the Senior Policy Analyst will:
- Drive comprehensive policy research for the organization.
- Research and document instances of corruption and anti-corruption policy inefficiencies in cities and states across the country.
- Synthesize and create various resources, including campaign finance and voting datasets, to inform, validate, and predict the impact of policy decisions.
- Work with partner organizations and individuals to seek, manage, and distill input on policy direction and to explain policy decisions.
- Provide concise explanatory policy and research memos to staff and partners.
- Proven skill in complicated and shifting policy and political research requiring the synthesis of information from various disciplines.
- Passion for political and democracy reforms such as campaign finance, ethics, transparency, redistricting, and voting reforms.
- Strong attention to detail and organization.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively with senior managers and partner organizations.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with legal research is a plus.
Compensation and Benefits
We are committed to bringing in top talent. Accordingly, we offer highly competitive salaries and awesome benefits, including health and dental insurance, retirement benefits, a health reimbursement account, a dependent care account, and a wellness benefit. Oh, and we have this crazy idea that we’ll do better work if we have time to see our friends and families, so we get 4 weeks of paid vacation a year.
How to Apply
Please send an email with your resume and a letter of interest attached to email@example.com with the subject line “Senior Policy Analyst.”
Represent.Us is the nation’s largest grassroots anti-corruption campaign. We bring conservatives and progressives together to fix America’s corrupt political system.
Our small team is a carefully curated mix of seasoned political campaigners, policy wonks, advertising experts, designers, and engineers. We’re not a startup, but we’ve got startup DNA: we’re nimble, constantly learning and iterating, and know when it’s time to celebrate a Wednesday afternoon with root beer floats. We constantly push ourselves to push the envelope – to ignore “industry standards” and set a new standard.
We’ve been featured in the New York Times, Washington Post, CNN, FOX, CBS, and hundreds of other national and local media outlets.
Represent.Us recently opened a satellite office in San Francisco. Come work with us!