RepresentUs is the nation’s leading right-left anti-corruption organization. We bring together conservatives, progressives, and everyone in between to secure crucial victories that are defending our Republic and fixing America’s corrupt political system.
But what it means for you, potential coworker, is that you feel what we feel when you wake up every day: a strong sense of purpose that binds you to the spirit of this nation, and an overwhelming sense that you should do something about it. And you want to work with people who feel the same.
RepresentUs is a carefully curated mix of seasoned political campaigners, policy wonks, advertising experts, designers, and engineers. We’re not a startup, but we’ve got startup DNA: we’re nimble, constantly learning and iterating, and we push ourselves to push the envelope—to ignore “industry standards” and set a new standard.
We’re looking for enthusiastic new minds to help us grow, move faster, and achieve more. We believe our political system should reflect the varied voices of our nation, and so should our team. That’s why we’re an Equal Opportunity Employer; people of color, women, people with disabilities, and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
In 2018, we helped pass 23 anti-corruption measures—a historic year for the movement.
We’re headquartered in Northampton, MA and also have staff around the country. Come win with us!
You’re good with people and have a head for numbers. You thrive in a fast-paced environment and can manage multiple priorities with ease. You keep up to date on best practices, and have a knack for creating innovative processes to better manage and analyze complex financial information. You’re excellent at working independently and managing your time, but also collaborate effectively with others.
About The Role
RepresentUs is expanding at breakneck speed to fight corruption on every possible front across the country. With this growth comes increasing organizational and financial complexity. The Accounting & Budget Analyst (ABA) will provide mission-critical stability and efficiency to our growing movement.
Under the direction of the COO and working closely with the VP of Development, the ABA is responsible for managing cash flow, optimizing financial protocols and processes, and completing the day to day financial tasks for two sister organizations: RepresentUs Education Fund, a 501(c)(3) & RepresentUs, a 501(c)(4). The ABA will also work collaboratively with staff at all levels of the organization to build program and project budgets, and provide support and oversight to ensure proper budget management.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Building program and project budgets, and maintaining records of actual budget figures for comparison with estimated budget
- Managing state-specific campaign finance reporting requirements and filing
- Preparing financial statements for grant reports
- Consolidating data and providing an overview of the financial status of the organizations to the board and executive team quarterly
- Assisting with development and maintenance of annual budgets in conjunction with organizational leadership
- Assisting accountants with tax return preparations and annual audit
- Maintaining knowledge of best practices and providing suggestions for improvement of company accounting procedures and processes
- Working with the bookkeeper to ensure timely and accurate completion of all recurring financial tasks
- Assisting with various aspects of daily operations as needed
- Other duties as needed or requested
Skills and Experience
- Proficient in Quickbooks Pro (Windows desktop edition) and advanced skills with Excel
- Experience with GAAP, cost allocations, and reporting requirements, especially as they relate to nonprofits subject to full annual audits, and/or organizations engaged in lobbying activities
- Strong attention to detail and superior organizational skills
- Demonstrated experience and aptitude with new types of software and database management
- Consistent demonstration of common sense, flexibility, and teamwork. Must be able to adapt or modify plans, timelines, or processes in response to changing circumstances.
- Ability to work effectively with people at all levels of the organization, both internally and externally
- 5+ years of experience in a role of similar complexity and responsibility preferred
Compensation and Benefits
We’re committed to bringing in top talent from all sectors. Accordingly, we offer competitive salaries and pretty awesome benefits, including health and dental insurance, a health reimbursement account, wellness perks, a dependent care account, and a retirement benefit. Plus employer-funded short-term disability and life insurance.
Oh, and we have this wild idea that we’ll do better work if we have time to see our friends and families, so we get four weeks of paid vacation a year, plus personal and sick time.
The annual salary range for this position starts at $80K-$90K.
Telecommuting is not accommodated at this time. No phone calls please.