RepresentUs is hiring a Campaign Director with a winning track record in politics who can serve as a campaign strategist, a donor advisor, and general consultant for 3-6 election reform campaigns per cycle across the country.
The Campaign Director is responsible for relationships with state campaigns and serves as a liaison with funders to ensure state campaigns are both built for success, supported to win, and adhering to benchmarking goals tied to stages of funding. The Campaign Director also directs a team of in-house and contracted experts in digital, political, policy, legal, media, research, and grassroots advocacy to provide needed high-value assets and services that are essential for campaigns to win.
Passion for RepresentUs’ mission to make America work for everyone, not just the powerful and well-connected, is essential. Commitment to working beyond partisanship is required, and past experience working with bipartisan or cross-partisan coalitions is preferred. Knowledge of policy solutions to fight corruption, get big money out of politics, end gerrymandering, and give voters more voice and more choice is a plus. Past experience with political campaigns is required.
Reporting to the Senior Director of the Campaign Accelerator, the Campaign Director will:
- Conceptualize and refine the most impactful and cost-effective strategies to position a successful campaign, while overseeing the creation and implementation of tailored assets and services necessary to win.
- Cultivate relationships and influence with key partner groups, elected officials, and campaign contacts, providing them with analysis, ideas, support and other guidance
- Develop and advise on tactical, strategic, and communications plans for target campaigns
- Work closely with the Senior Director, Policy Director, Political Director, and Campaign Accelerator staff to ensure the support of portfolio campaigns
- Build and manage campaign budgets
- Participate in strategic planning discussions to assess and advance national, state, and local strategy
Skills and Experience
- 5 to 7 years of experience and a winning track record in political and/or advocacy campaign management. Advocacy, electoral, and/or ballot initiative campaign experience is required. Please do not apply if you do not have this experience. Experience working on ballot initiatives highly preferred.
- Experience designing, maintaining, and improving a goal-oriented accountability structure without compromising staff autonomy or innovation
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, meeting frequent deadlines
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, with demonstrated success communicating complex political strategies to diverse audiences
- Highly developed strategic thinking and execution skills; ability to achieve excellence and meet goals within a complex and sophisticated landscape
- Demonstrated experience managing partnerships and relationships at the state and local level
- Exceptional interpersonal and leadership skills
- Extensive experience managing and training high-performing staffers
- Strong budget management skills
- Ability to travel on behalf of the organization throughout the region as needed
- This is a remote position, and candidates must have consistent access to reliable internet and phone
Compensation and Benefits
We’re committed to bringing in top talent from all sectors. Accordingly, we offer competitive salaries and pretty awesome benefits, including health and dental insurance, a health reimbursement account, wellness perks, a dependent care account, and a retirement benefit. Plus employer-funded short-term disability and life insurance.
We offer four weeks of paid vacation a year, plus personal and sick time.
Salary is commensurate with experience and varies by location. This position is remote. We currently have staff in Massachusetts, North Carolina, Washington DC, Pennsylvania, California, New York, and Alabama.
No phone calls, please.
RepresentUs is the nation’s leading right-left anti-corruption organization. We bring together conservatives, progressives, and everyone in between to secure crucial victories that are defending our Republic and fixing America’s corrupt political system.
But what it means for you, potential coworker, is that you feel what we feel when you wake up every day: a strong sense of purpose that binds you to the spirit of this nation, and an overwhelming sense that you should do something about it. And you want to work with people who feel the same.
RepresentUs is a carefully curated mix of seasoned political campaigners, policy wonks, advertising experts, designers, and engineers. We’re not a startup, but we’ve got startup DNA: we’re nimble, constantly learning and iterating, and we push ourselves to push the envelope—to ignore “industry standards” and set a new standard.
We’re looking for enthusiastic new minds to help us grow, move faster, and achieve more. We believe our political system should reflect the varied voices of our nation, and so should our team. That’s why we’re an Equal Opportunity Employer; people of color, women, people with disabilities, and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
In 2018, we helped pass 23 anti-corruption measures—a historic year for the movement.