RepresentUs is the nation’s leading right-left anti-corruption organization. We bring together conservatives, progressives, and everyone in between to secure crucial victories that are defending our Republic and fixing America’s corrupt political system.
But what it means for you, potential coworker, is that you feel what we feel when you wake up every day: a strong sense of purpose that binds you to the spirit of this nation, and an overwhelming sense that you should do something about it. And you want to work with people who feel the same.
RepresentUs is a carefully curated mix of seasoned political campaigners, policy wonks, advertising experts, designers, and engineers. We’re not a startup, but we’ve got startup DNA: we’re nimble, constantly learning and iterating, and we push ourselves to push the envelope—to ignore “industry standards” and set a new standard.
We’re looking for enthusiastic new minds to help us grow, move faster, and achieve more. We believe our political system should reflect the varied voices of our nation, and so should our team. That’s why we’re an Equal Opportunity Employer; people of color, women, people with disabilities, and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
In 2018, we helped pass 23 anti-corruption measures—a historic year for the movement.
We’re headquartered in Northampton, MA and also have staff around the country. Come win with us!
You’re looking for an entry-level position in Northampton, MA or San Francisco, CA where you can use digital campaigning to change the world. You’ve got at least six months of experience (including internships and volunteer work) in either political organizing or digital marketing—and you’re hungry for more.
You are detail-oriented, organized, and an analytical thinker: you know how to spot a typo, like to crunch numbers, and are excited about learning HTML/CSS if you don’t already (we’ll teach you). You know how to collaborate with a team to get things done, but you also know how to manage your own time and multiple projects simultaneously.
Finally, you get excited about utilizing (and growing) your digital organizing skills to contribute to the wave of city and state anti-corruption laws being passed across the country.
And you’re ready to do it on a full-time basis from our headquarters in Northampton, MA or our San Francisco, CA office.
About The Role
The Digital Campaign Associate will be part of the Campaign Accelerator team, on a mission to supercharge the cross-partisan election reform movement by providing multi-state, multi-issue digital services to the most promising campaigns across the country.
Under the direction of the Senior Digital Campaign Strategist, the Digital Campaign Associate will handle the day-to-day execution of email, SMS, and social media campaigns for multiple statewide ballot measure or legislative advocacy campaigns.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Building and sending mobile-optimized emails
- Creating and optimizing donation forms and landing pages
- Managing and updating client campaign websites
- Managing client campaign CRM and segment lists appropriately
- Pulling reports and analyzing past campaign performance
- Conducting quality assurance testing on digital content
- Contributing to content development for email, social media, and digital advertising campaigns
- Assisting in social media strategy and posting
Skills and Experience
- Ability to learn new skills quickly
- High level of organization, including experience coordinating multiple projects at once
- High attention to detail; spelling and grammar snobs are encouraged to apply
- Some experience with online organizing or relevant platforms, such as:
- Online campaigning/organizing
- Facebook, Twitter, email tools, WordPress, or similar
- Background in political advocacy, organizing, digital activism, public policy, or related field
- Video, graphics, or photography work
- Rapid response email and social media campaigning
- Google Analytics
- Ability to work well under pressure and tight deadlines, and stay organized to get a campaign out the door
- Technical skills, including knowledge of HTML, CSS, etc. (preferred)
- Experience writing for the internet (preferred)
Compensation and Benefits
We’re committed to bringing in top talent from all sectors. Accordingly, we offer competitive salaries and pretty awesome benefits, including health and dental insurance, a health reimbursement account, wellness perks, a dependent care account, and a retirement benefit. Plus employer-funded short-term disability and life insurance.
Oh, and we have this wild idea that we’ll do better work if we have time to see our friends and families, so we get four weeks of paid vacation a year, plus personal and sick time.
The annual salary range for the Digital Campaign Associate position depends on location: $40-$45K in Northampton, $50-60K in San Francisco, CA (though ultimately commensurate with experience).