RepresentUs is seeking qualified candidates for a Digital Campaigns Internship in our Northampton, MA office (Five Colleges area; accessible by PVTA). As a Digital Campaigns Intern, you’ll get to see first-hand what it’s like to be part of a cutting-edge online advocacy team. You’ll participate in many aspects of the day-to-day work of the Digital team, and learn best practices for online content creation and distribution. You’ll get a chance to work on creative projects as well as learn the nuts and bolts of distributing content and monitoring performance.
- You’re a strong writer
- You’re social media savvy—you have a knack for social media and an active presence on multiple platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Reddit, etc.)
- You’re passionate about politics and current events
- You have video or graphic design skills (a plus, but not required)
- You have experience with Google Analytics or similar tools (a plus, but not required)
- You’re able to learn quickly, manage time effectively, and adjust to new challenges on the fly
What you’ll be doing
- Monitoring news sources for corruption stories and doing research projects to inform video, blog, and social media content
- Pitching content ideas and developing imagery, video, or written pieces to distribute across RepresentUs properties
- Implementing our digital media strategy across a variety of social networks including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Reddit
- Assisting with campaign emails for our 150,000+ membership list
- Reaching out to and coordinating with online partners to promote campaigns and content
- Social media, email, and web traffic reporting
- Coordinating with our Campaign team to support our grassroots organizing efforts
- The internship will run February 10 – May 1, 2020.
- Applications are due no later than December 20, 2019.
How to apply
Please be sure to attach all requested materials. Due to the volume of applications, incomplete applications will not be considered.
Personal Statement / Letter of Interest
Tell us about yourself and why you are applying to the RepresentUs internship program. Please craft and attach a detailed 1-2 page statement describing the following:
- How did you hear about RepresentUs and this internship program?
- Why should we hire you?
- Why do you want to work at RepresentUs?
- What special skills do you bring to the table?
- What social issues are you most passionate about, and how do they connect to the mission of RepresentUs?
- What are you hoping to get out of the internship? (What skills are you looking to acquire? What are you hoping to learn?)
List and briefly describe:
- Past work, internship, or volunteer experiences. Name the organizations where you worked and the dates of employment. Also include a short description of your work.
- Any other training, academic, extracurricular, or study abroad experiences that may be relevant to your application.
- Your relevant skills and interests. This may include: research skills, writing ability, film/video proficiency, political involvement, graphic design, experience with specific software, etc.
Recent Writing Sample
Please provide a recent writing sample that exemplifies your voice and style and gives us a sense of your ability as a writer. This may be in any format that you believe may be relevant to the internship, for example a research paper, an essay for class, an op-ed, a press release, creative writing, etc. Material on politics or current events is a plus, but not required. We suggest no more than 5 pages.
Social Media Samples
Please submit screenshots of recent social media posts you created. These can be personal or from projects you worked on for a school club or previous job / internship, as long as it provides a sense of your voice and style.
Thank you for your interest in RepresentUs and our internship program!