RepresentUs is the nation’s largest grassroots anti-corruption campaign. We bring conservatives and progressives together to fix America’s broken political system.
RepresentUs requests proposals for an outstanding Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion Consultant to help devise and implement policies, practices, programs, and organizational behaviors that foster authentic diversity, equity, and inclusion within RepresentUs, positioning the organization internally and externally for greater engagement and impact with diverse communities. This includes helping to increase racial, ethnic, gender, sexual orientation, ability, and ideological diversity across our staff, board, and membership while expanding our culture of inclusion within the organization.
Cultivating a diverse and thriving workforce is essential if we are to fix our broken political system. This field needs the best and brightest from all walks of life to realize a democracy that is truly of, by, and for the people. To that end, RepresentUs is required to be a fully inclusive and equitable organization — and we aim to lead the democracy field on issues of inclusivity and diversity. We currently have 34 employees, with our main office in Florence, MA, as well as a number of remote employees across six locations (New York City, Philadelphia, Washington DC, Huntsville, San Francisco, and Los Angeles), and are anticipating substantial growth in the immediate future.
How You’ll Contribute
We’re looking for an outstanding and experienced consultant to guide the creation and implementation of a robust diversity, equity, and inclusion plan for our organization. While we will be looking to the consultant to suggest and shape this work with us, we expect the work to include researching, designing, and implementing an organization-wide initiative to prioritize inclusion; conducting inclusivity trainings to maintain a cohesive and just organizational culture; and evaluating the progress and efficacy of diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts.
- A minimum of four to six years experience providing diversity, equity, and inclusion strategic planning and training, and a professional reputation of having successfully implemented the same.
- An effective facilitator.
- A sophisticated understanding of organizational management strategies and tools, and experience successfully implementing organization procedures and organizational change.
- The ability to think deeply about organizational culture and turn that thinking and analysis into actionable plans that can be implemented to achieve concrete success in meeting our diversity, equity, and inclusiveness goals.
- Experience working with nonprofits or start-ups, as well as multi-state organizations.
- Experience addressing organizational goals related to ideological diversity.
- Knowledge of diverse communities that live in our operating area(s) and/or work in the democracy reform field.
- An internal report assessing the current state of our community, our field, and our organization.
- Guidance provided to leadership to develop a strategic plan that illustrates clear and actionable steps that RepresentUs will take to become a truly diverse, equitable, and inclusive organization.
- Ongoing diversity, equity, and inclusion trainings for staff, leadership, and board.
Preference will be given to applications received before September 19, 2019.
- Describe you/your firm’s capabilities. Specifically, include your experience working with nonprofits and multi-state organizations, and your ability to provide each of the desired deliverables.
- Provide a project outline and timeline.
- Provide your proposed fee, with detailed information about what expenses will be covered by the fee, and any variable expenses (e.g. travel reimbursement).
- List the principal consultants who will work directly on each component of this project, as well as their qualifications.
- Provide a client list, highlighting successful diversity, equity, and inclusion plan development and implementation.
- Provide three references from past clients.
- Include any additional information you deem pertinent to consultant selection.
RepresentUs is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting at all levels the most qualified applicants without regard for race, ethnicity, color, age, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, transgender/transsexual identity, HIV/AIDS status, genetic information, matriculation, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran (collectively known as “Status Factors”). All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge will be based on competence, performance, and business needs.