RepresentUs is the nation’s leading right-left anti-corruption organization. We bring together conservatives, progressives, and everyone in between to secure crucial victories that are defending our Republic and fixing America’s corrupt political system.
But what it means for you, potential coworker, is that you feel what we feel when you wake up every day: a strong sense of purpose that binds you to the spirit of this nation, and an overwhelming sense that you should do something about it. And you want to work with people who feel the same.
RepresentUs is a carefully curated mix of seasoned political campaigners, policy wonks, advertising experts, designers, and engineers. We’re not a startup, but we’ve got startup DNA: we’re nimble, constantly learning and iterating, and we push ourselves to push the envelope—to ignore “industry standards” and set a new standard.
We’re looking for enthusiastic new minds to help us grow, move faster, and achieve more. We believe our political system should reflect the varied voices of our nation, and so should our team. That’s why we’re an Equal Opportunity Employer; people of color, women, people with disabilities, and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
In 2018, we helped pass 23 anti-corruption measures—a historic year for the movement.
We’re headquartered in Northampton, MA and also have staff around the country. Come win with us!
You are a social media expert with experience leading strategy and developing content for electoral or advocacy campaigns. You have a knack for making snappy content that breaks through the clutter. You love sparking conversations and engaging with people on social media, and you’re deeply aware of how each channel is different—from the tools available to the audiences you’ll find. You’re eager and ready to learn new skills, work hard, and push yourself to win.
Finally, you’re excited about utilizing your social media expertise to contribute to the wave of city and state anti-corruption laws being passed across the country.
About The Role
The Social Media Campaign Strategist will be part of the Campaign Accelerator team, on a mission to supercharge the cross-partisan election reform movement by providing multi-state, multi-issue digital services to the most promising campaigns across the country.
Under the direction of the Senior Digital Campaign Strategist, the Social Media Campaign Strategist will develop and execute social media plans for multiple statewide ballot or legislative advocacy campaigns, all centered on rooting out corruption from our government and making our elections work for American voters and their families, not billionaires and special interests.
This position will be full-time, and on an East Coast schedule. We currently have staff in Massachusetts, North Carolina, Washington DC, Pennsylvania, California, New York, and Alabama. Other locations may be considered for exceptional candidates.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Working with in-state campaigns and partners to develop and execute high-quality social media campaign plans in cities and states across the country
- Drafting platform-specific content to tell the unique stories of our partner campaigns, on campaign platforms as well as those of organizational partners
- Working with video editors and designers to produce creative for organic and paid campaigns
- Developing an air-tight quality assurance process and overseeing content posting/scheduling
- Being obsessed with metrics that matter and how to improve them: reaching new audiences, getting them excited about anti-corruption and our community, and converting them to donors and volunteers
- Developing and overseeing the social media reporting process for partner campaigns
- Setting and working to achieve organic growth goals, as well as advising on paid social opportunities to capitalize on our best content and recruit new supporters for our partner campaigns
- Developing and overseeing social media reporting for partner campaigns
Skills and Experience
- 2-5 years experience developing and executing social media strategies for a nonprofit, political candidate, campaign, or similar
- Strong understanding of Facebook Page Manager, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook Business Manager, and other social media tools
- Expertise at translating complex ideas into simple, emotional content that people share
- Understanding of the strategic differences between various social channels—from the tools available to the audiences you’ll find
- Ability to learn new skills quickly
- High level of organization, including experience leading major programs and strategies
- Excellent writing and communication skills; spelling and grammar snobs are encouraged to apply
- Basic understanding of graphic design tools or video editing highly desirable
- Ability to work well under pressure and tight deadlines, and stay organized to get a campaign out the door
- Experience managing projects from concept through execution
- Experience managing social platforms for multiple organizations simultaneously (preferred)
- Technical skills, including knowledge of HTML, CSS, etc. (preferred)
- Agency experience a plus
Compensation and Benefits
We’re committed to bringing in top talent from all sectors. Accordingly, we offer competitive salaries and pretty awesome benefits, including health and dental insurance, a health reimbursement account, wellness perks, a dependent care account, and a retirement benefit. Plus employer-funded short-term disability and life insurance.
Oh, and we have this wild idea that we’ll do better work if we have time to see our friends and families, so we get four weeks of paid vacation a year, plus personal and sick time.
The annual salary range for the Social Media Campaign Strategist position varies by location, for example: $55-$70K in Western MA, $70-$90K in NY (though ultimately commensurate with experience).