Want More Videos? Subscribe! →
On the night of Tuesday, December 16, President Obama signed the $1.1 trillion “Cromnibus” spending bill into law. The President and Congressional leaders from both parties thought that they could sneak through a series of awful provisions in the new budget deal without the public catching on.
But guess what? We noticed, and we are angry.
Here are just a few of the most outrageous elements of the deal:
- Defense lobbyists scored $479 Million for defense contractors to make warplanes the Pentagon did not ask for. Sound expensive? They’re paying for it by…
- Cutting $93 Million from the Women, Infants and Children (WIC) Nutrition Program.
- Ignore the will of 70% of Washington, D.C. residents by overruling their recent vote to reform D.C. marijuana laws.
- Put taxpayers back on the hook for big bank bailouts by repealing laws that were put in place after the 2008 financial collapse.
- Give billionaires a giant loophole so they can give up to 1.5 Million to political parties. That’s TEN TIMES the current limit.
ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! We want a government that represents US and not just lobbyists and special interest groups. The time to speak up and take action is right now!