Feel what we feel when we wake
up every day: a strong sense of purpose
RepresentUs is America’s leading nonpartisan organization working city by city, state by state to fix our broken political system.
We unite independents, progressives and conservatives to pass anti-corruption laws, hold politicians accountable and defeat special interests. We’ve tallied more than 170 victories in cities and states across America since our founding 10 years ago. Each win is one step closer to our vision of making America the world’s strongest democracy.
To make America the world’s strongest democracy by 2050, we need
a political system that protects the voice of the people and ensures
our government represents the people.
To achieve this vision, we need to:
- Win victories at the state and local level to build momentum for national change. History has shown us that local wins lead to national change. We identify opportunities in strategic locations and build, nurture, and lead campaigns to pass high-impact laws.
- Win the hearts and minds of the American people. Durable change happens when there is broad public support for it. We tell the story of a movement on the rise, elevating the voices of our supporters and spokespeople, producing provocative messaging, and making a clear, compelling case for supporting democracy.
- Put country over party. To pass and protect laws that will last, democracy needs the support of a majority of voters, spokespeople, and lawmakers across the political spectrum. We work outside the constraints of the two-party system, activating people, building campaigns, and sharing messages that unite unlikely allies towards common purpose.
[Jennifer Lawrence Explains]
We’re committed to attracting top talent from all sectors by offering competitive salaries and pretty awesome day-one benefits.
Fully remote workforce
$60k minimum salary
Generous and flexible PTO
401(k) + match
Student loan repayment
You don’t have to choose between doing good and doing well
- Employer funded health, dental, and vision insurance
- Employer funded health savings account
- Employer funded short-term and long-term disability and life insurance
- 3% employer funded 401(k), plus an additional 3% match
- Annual professional development stipend
- Annual wellness stipend
- Monthly student loan repayment stipend
- Monthly stipend to cover expenses working from home
- Monthly stipend to cover expenses for using a personal cell phone
Paid Time Off
We have this wild idea that we’ll do better work if we have time to see our friends and families, so we get:
- Twenty days of paid vacation a year, plus the week off between Christmas and New Year’s Day
- Plus personal days, volunteer time, and ten days of sick time per year
- 12 weeks paid, plus 12 weeks unpaid parental and caregiving leave, regardless of your path to parenthood
- As a thank you to their commitment to RepresentUs, after every five years of employment, staff are eligible for a six week paid sabbatical
We are transparent with our salary structure. Each position will be assigned to a salary band, based on external marketplace data and internal equity. Movement within the salary band will occur annually, along with applicable market adjustments to salary. Employees may also be eligible for merit increases, based on performance.
Starting salary is based on the selected candidate’s qualifications and experience. To counter pay inequality and uphold internal parity, we use a nonnegotiable starting salary system, while benchmarking our pay to competitive markets. Our minimum starting salary for full time positions is $60,000.
What it's like working here
RepresentUs is a carefully curated mix of professionals who want to make an impact in the world, and are passionate about strengthening democracy.
These agreements are the principles that guide the work we do and how we work together. They were developed collaboratively by a team of staff across the organization. It is critical to our success that all current and prospective staff review this document and agree to center these ideals in our work. We believe playing by and iterating on these rules will maximize the positive impact our organization has on the strength of America’s democracy.
Working at RepresentUs, I can actually have work-life balance while affecting real policy change. I get to work closely with supportive and kind people who truly care about making a difference. It’s an inspiring atmosphere to be part of!
— Anh-Linh Kearney, Research Analyst
What I enjoy most about being a part of RepresentUs is the group of dedicated and passionate people I get to work with. It is exhilarating to take a stand for democracy every day alongside such a bold and talented team.
— Paul Quinn, Operations Coordinator
Committed to DEIB
At RepresentUs, we value diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging (DEIB) because we value democracy — full stop. As part of this fight, we must advance a culture of diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging in all that we do to demonstrate what representative democracy looks like in America.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting at all levels the most qualified applicants without regard for race, ethnicity, color, age, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, transgender/transsexual identity, HIV/AIDS status, genetic information, matriculation, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran (collectively known as “Status Factors”). All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge will be based on competence, performance, and business needs.
Don’t see a good match? Check out our partner’s page for other opportunities in the field.