Help us challenge the undue influence of well-financed special interests over American politics and government. Join our team as we seek to transform our nation’s smoldering outrage over corruption, gridlock, and bailouts into a powerful political force that will deliver lasting, structural reforms. We are a hard-working, mission-driven organization based in Florence, MA.
Represent.Us is looking for a Campaigner to implement organizing and field operations for a fiercely nonpartisan, national campaign to advance anti-corruption laws in cities and states across the nation. The Campaigner role is part of a team that coordinates offline and online action, and supports the development and growth of local leadership into chapter-based organizing. The ideal candidate will play a critical role in member service and engagement to pass multiple anti-corruption initiatives at both statewide and city levels.
- Help implement a national organizing plan, and offer critical feedback for further iterations.
- Move members and chapters through an organizing program toward passing and supporting city-wide and state initiatives.
- Deploy across the country, educating the public and our member base about how money in politics affects policy reform.
- Support the development of online tools and organizing program to supplement and accentuate grassroots activities.
- Identify and assist in building and maintaining alliances in the field of democracy reform and other coalition organizations within your turf.
- Two years in campaign, advocacy, and/or organizing positions.
- Demonstrated ability to work quickly and collaboratively.
- Superior interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional written communication skills. Ability to clearly articulate Represent.Us’ mission, vision, goals, strategies and programs with speed, energy, and passion.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, entrepreneurial, intense environment.
- Must thrive in a cross-partisan/nonpartisan political environment.
- Volunteer management & recruitment
- Field logistics, canvassing, phone banking
- Database experience
- Facility with online campaign management tools such as ActionKit, NationBuilder, VAN/Votebuilder, etc.
- Online community management or campaigning
- Political campaigning
The Office Assistant position requires the ability to move quickly and capably between a very wide range of responsibilities including: reception, administrative, data management and entry, office management, and calendar management. S/he must be adept at anticipating needs, be comfortable taking initiative, and be an effective problem-solver and communicator. The position is the “go-to” person for the Operations Manager and serves as executive assistant to the Executive Director. This is a part-time position in our Florence, MA office.
- Manage incoming and outgoing communications (telephone, email, fax, mail, and express delivery services). Ensure that mail delivered to the office is picked up and routed to appropriate staff each day. Manage inter-office transfer of mail to ensure timely coordination of correspondence.
- Ensure timely submission of employee time sheets. Collect documentation for staff credit cards and submit to Operations Manager.
- Provide executive assistance to the Executive Director, including scheduling, travel arrangements, filing, and other needs as requested.
- Assist with the planning and scheduling of appointments and other meetings. Manage preparation for some appointments, including preparations of materials packets.
- Maintain filing systems. Help with photocopying and bulk mailing.
- Ensure that the office environment supports the productivity of all staff. Monitor inventory of office supplies and reorder as needed. Make sure common areas are tidy. Provide general administrative support to staff. Keep plants hydrated. Keep people caffeinated.
- There is no task “beneath” the Office Assistant because the Office Assistant does everything!
- Minimum of three years of experience in a position of similar complexity and responsibility, preferably in a non-profit public-interest-oriented setting.
- A college degree is preferred. Work experience can substitute for some education.
- Must be friendly, outgoing, eager to resourcefully solve problems, and able to follow-through on assignments with a minimum of direct supervision.
- Must by comfortable and confident in a supportive role while also taking initiative and demonstrating responsibility to ensure the office environment is the best it can be.
- Ability to clearly communicate with others, in various forms (written, verbal, group meetings).
Skills and Attributes
- Must keep self and work files organized.
- Demonstrated ability to be entrusted with sensitive information and conduct daily activities with utmost professionalism and integrity.
- Demonstrated ability to manage details, solve problems, and follow through on assignments with a minimum of direct supervision.
- Ability to work effectively with people at all levels of the organization including: staff, consultants, colleagues, volunteers, members/constituents, and the general public. Must be confident, outgoing, courteous, and professional in all written and verbal communications.
- Must have strong personal work ethic and ability to organize time, manage diverse activities.
- Consistently demonstrate common sense, flexibility and teamwork. Must be able to adapt or modify plans, time-lines or processes in response to changing circumstances.
- Demonstrated experience with software including: MS Office Outlook, Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
- Strong attention to detail; demonstrated experience with copy editing a plus.
- A great sense of humor and can-do attitude are a must!
Hourly rate commensurate with experience. Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
There are no internships available at this time; please check back later.
Calling all passionate individuals ready to take on corruption in our government.
Represent.Us is seeking talented undergraduate students who feel passionate about addressing the undue influence of money in U.S. politics. This internship program will allow students to gain a deep understanding the democracy reform movements taking place in our country right now.
We are currently offering summer, fall and spring semester internship opportunities at our Northampton office (Five Colleges area; accessible by PVTA). We are committed to making sure the experience here is challenging, informative and educational. We are happy to work with colleges or universities so interns may earn credit for work done in our office. Fulltime summer internships include a modest stipend.
Our organization is growing fast after a big Election Day victory on November 4, 2014, and we need your help. We have nearly half a million supporters, and local chapters from New York City to Bellingham, Washington. Our work has been featured in the New York Times, Washington Post, CNN, NBC’s TODAY Show, and hundreds of other national and local media outlets. Take a moment to check out the position openings now, then send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Some positions have additional application requirements; instructions can be found at the end of each position description.
At this time, all intern work is performed out of our Northampton office and we do not offer a telecommuting option. If you are interested in getting involved remotely as a volunteer, don’t hesitate to reach out!