Help us challenge the undue influence of well-financed special interests over American politics and government. Join our team as we seek to transform our nation’s smoldering outrage over corruption, gridlock, and bailouts into a powerful political force that will deliver lasting, structural reforms. We are a hard-working, mission-driven organization based in Florence, MA.
Represent.Us is looking for a Campaigner to implement organizing and field operations for a fiercely nonpartisan, national campaign to advance anti-corruption laws in cities and states across the nation. The Campaigner role is part of a team that coordinates offline and online action, and supports the development and growth of local leadership into chapter-based organizing. The ideal candidate will play a critical role in member service and engagement to pass multiple anti-corruption initiatives at both statewide and city levels.
- Help implement a national organizing plan, and offer critical feedback for further iterations.
- Move members and chapters through an organizing program toward passing and supporting city-wide and state initiatives.
- Deploy across the country, educating the public and our member base about how money in politics affects policy reform.
- Support the development of online tools and organizing program to supplement and accentuate grassroots activities.
- Identify and assist in building and maintaining alliances in the field of democracy reform and other coalition organizations within your turf.
- Two years in campaign, advocacy, and/or organizing positions.
- Demonstrated ability to work quickly and collaboratively.
- Superior interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional written communication skills. Ability to clearly articulate Represent.Us’ mission, vision, goals, strategies and programs with speed, energy, and passion.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, entrepreneurial, intense environment.
- Must thrive in a cross-partisan/nonpartisan political environment.
- Volunteer management & recruitment
- Field logistics, canvassing, phone banking
- Database experience
- Facility with online campaign management tools such as ActionKit, NationBuilder, VAN/Votebuilder, etc.
- Online community management or campaigning
- Political campaigning
To apply for this position, email a statement of interest along with your most up-to-date resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Both documents are required for consideration.
There are no internships available at this time; please check back later.
Calling all passionate individuals ready to take on corruption in our government.
Represent.Us is seeking talented undergraduate students who feel passionate about addressing the undue influence of money in U.S. politics. This internship program will allow students to gain a deep understanding the democracy reform movements taking place in our country right now.
We are currently offering summer, fall and spring semester internship opportunities at our Northampton office (Five Colleges area; accessible by PVTA). We are committed to making sure the experience here is challenging, informative and educational. We are happy to work with colleges or universities so interns may earn credit for work done in our office. Fulltime summer internships include a modest stipend.
Our organization is growing fast after a big Election Day victory on November 4, 2014, and we need your help. We have nearly half a million supporters, and local chapters from New York City to Bellingham, Washington. Our work has been featured in the New York Times, Washington Post, CNN, NBC’s TODAY Show, and hundreds of other national and local media outlets. Take a moment to check out the position openings now, then send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Some positions have additional application requirements; instructions can be found at the end of each position description.
At this time, all intern work is performed out of our Northampton office and we do not offer a telecommuting option. If you are interested in getting involved remotely as a volunteer, don’t hesitate to reach out!