So you want to make an interruption video
Jump on the trend of making your own interruption video! Help spread the word about the For the People Act. To participate, you’ll need a mobile phone with video capability. The process is easiest with Androids and iPhones
To make your own Interruption video on TikTok or Instagram Reels (quickest option!):
- Simply download this Interruption video to your phone and re-upload onto the app’s editing software.
- Use its editing tools to cut in a video of yourself around the Interruption video.
- Write a caption featuring the hashtag #WhileYouCan.
- Post to your social channel, and you’re done! Seriously, it’s that easy.
To make your own Interruption video to post on other social channels:
- Record a video of yourself on your phone that you want to ‘interrupt’. Make sure it’s vertical!
- Download the interruption video to your phone.
There are a lot of steps, but we promise, it’s not too hard!
- Download the Adobe Rush app and sign up for a free account.
- Go to your camera roll and allow access to photos and videos
- Select the video of yourself first then the interruption video
- Give your project a name then press create
- You’ve got a new project! There should be two clips on your timeline. Make sure your personal video is first
- Drag the timeline of videos until the blue line is where you the interruption to start. You can press the Play icon to make sure.
- On the bottom row of icons, slide over until you see the scissors and press the icon. Now your clip will be split where the blue line is.
- Tap the interruption video in the timeline. Then press and drag it over between the split clips of your personal video.
- For extra flair, slide the bottom row icons back over and select “Effects” – then add transitions to each of the clips. Feel free to adjust other video elements via the icons at the bottom.
- When you’re ready press the Export button. Then press Export.
- It’ll take a minute, but when it’s done it’ll upload to your Camera roll. If you’re signed into social media, you can post right away!
Can’t find the interruption video you downloaded here? Check out this resource.