How you benefit by giving through your IRA
- You avoid the income tax penalty on your distributions.
- You have the satisfaction of seeing your gift immediately support programs that can make a direct impact in defending our democracy.
How it works
To make a gift from your IRA directly to RepresentUs Education Fund, contact your IRA administrator and request a transfer from your account to RepresentUs Education Fund. Importantly, your IRA administrator must send us the money directly, or it will count toward your taxable income.
Are Qualified Charitable Distributions for you?
Here’s a brief checklist to help you find out:
- You’re 72 or older*
- You have a traditional IRA
- You take the standard deduction
- You don’t need the income from your Required Minimum Distribution
If you have questions or need further assistance, please reach out to our team! Email Janice Periquet at [email protected], or call at 413-333-5635.
*If you were 70 1/2 in 2019, you can give now