Be a democracy defender with a gift from your IRA
Does a qualified charitable distribution (QCD) from your IRA make sense for you?
Here’s a brief checklist to help you find out:
- You’re 70 ½ or older*
- You have a traditional IRA
- You take the standard deduction
- *If you’re 72 or older, your gift may also count toward your required minimum distribution (RMD)
How you benefit by giving through your IRA:
- You avoid the income tax penalty on your distributions.
- You have the satisfaction of seeing your gift immediately support programs that can make a direct impact in defending our democracy.
How it works:
To make a gift from your IRA directly to the RepresentUs Education Fund, contact your IRA administrator and request a transfer from your account to the RepresentUs Education Fund, Tax ID 26-3088283. Importantly, your IRA administrator must send us the money directly, or it will count toward your taxable income.