Representation Day Toolkit
About the Representation Day 2018 Tools Page:
This is a one-stop-shop for all necessary information relating to Representation Day 2018: Unrig Everywhere. Find our weekly trainings, important chapter resources, and a timeline breakdown of the weeks leading up to Rep Day. Week-by-week we’ll post the latest resources and updates here.
What is Representation Day?
Representation Day is a national day of action held annually by RepresentUs Chapters all across the country! This year it will be held on Sunday, April 15th. A majority of our chapter leaders are convening other local groups working on democracy reform. Chapters are holding a meeting where they will discuss solutions in their communities and together form a coalition table with other groups. Some chapters are also holding social gatherings, petitioning days, and events to help build their grassroots momentum. This year’s goal is for RepresentUs chapters to increase their membership and develop long-term collaborative partnerships with community organizations.
RepresentUs staff will be hosting a weekly Rep Day 2018 skills training on Wednesday evenings leading up to Rep Day on April 15th. All are welcome. Trainings are at at 8:30pm ET / 5:30pm PT unless otherwise noted.
- Coalition Building (3/14 – catch up with the video)
- Event Planning (3/21 – catch up with the video)
- Digital Outreach (3/28 – catch up with the video)
- Press for Representation Day (4/4 – catch up with the video)
- Membership Retention (4/11 – catch up with the video)
One Pagers and Digital Resources:
Use these PDF’s as a quick cheat sheets for additional guidance and information!
- How to: Petition for RepresentUs
- How to: Host a Great Event
- How to: Build Your First Coalition
- American Anti-Corruption Act Sign Up Sheets
- Chapter Meeting Sign-In Sheets
- Press Kit
Promoting Rep Day on social media? We’ve got you covered. Use these digital resources to get the word out.
- Social Graphics folder – reusable Rep Day graphics for social media (currently includes 2 Facebook page cover images, 2 Facebook event page images, and 2 graphics for Facebook or Twitter posts)
- Chapter Social and Email Kit – Sample calendars and suggestions for using emails and social media to drive turnout to your event
- Rep Day Photo Guide – how to take and share great Rep Day photos (including instructions for getting your highlights to HQ)
- Need press assistance? Email firstname.lastname@example.org for help from one of our communications team members.
Click here to see a breakdown of important dates for participating Chapters.
(This page was last updated on 4/12/18)