Loading action stats
people taking action
We’re about to unveil our biggest effort yet, to fix corruption together. Before we launch, we need 500,000 people to add their name.
// The problem
The system is broken.
While our nation struggles to deal with crippling debt and a tough economy, our government has been corrupted.
// The solution
Anti-Corruption Acts make city, state, and federal corruption illegal:
- Politicians may no longer take money from the interests they write laws for.
- Shady contributions and coordination by Super PACs are drastically reduced.
- Public servants may not become lobbyists for 5 years after they leave office.
- Lobbyists can’t make massive contributions to political campaigns.
- Every single political donation must be disclosed.
- Voters are empowered with a tax rebate for small political donations.
- The people have the power to enforce tough new anti-corruption laws.
- Protects the First Amendment right to free speech.
For more details about the Act, click here.
// The strategy to win
Add your name and we will work together to pass Anti-Corruption Acts in communities across America.
- This is comprehensive legislation of historic proportions. It completely reshapes our current system to eliminate the undue influence of money in politics.
- We’re already winning, with a major victory in Tallahassee, Florida, another five Anti-Corruption Resolutions passed since last year, and many more on the ballot for 2015.
- Our movement is not progressive, it’s not conservative, it’s American – from Occupy to the Tea Party, Democrats to Republicans to Independents. Over 80% of Americans – liberal, independent and conservative – want to get money out.
- Politicians won’t fix this. That’s why we are going around Congress to build enough momentum to force national reform. If enough cities and states pass the American Anti-Corruption Act, we can get “clean” politicians in Congress who are beholden to their constituents and who will vote YES to federal anti-corruption legislation.